From: jronald
Subject: Is there any ebook for <ansi common lisp>?
<ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
I can't buy it in my country.
I read the first chapter, and think I should read more.
Thank you.

From: John Stoneham
Subject: Re: Is there any ebook for <ansi common lisp>?
jronald wrote:
> <ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
> I can't buy it in my country.

The short answer is "no", there is no ebook of it.

> I read the first chapter, and think I should read more.

You probably should. Also try these free online books:

Practical Common Lisp -> http://gigamonkeys.com/book/
Successful Common Lisp -> http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/
Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation ->
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/LispBook/

That should get you started. Searching will get you the rest.
From: Ari Johnson
"John Stoneham" <··············@gmail.com> writes:

> jronald wrote:
>> <ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
>> I can't buy it in my country.
>
> The short answer is "no", there is no ebook of it.

That's only true for a fairly narrow definition of ebook.

http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html
From: Zach Beane
Ari Johnson <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> "John Stoneham" <··············@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > jronald wrote:
> >> <ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
> >> I can't buy it in my country.
> >
> > The short answer is "no", there is no ebook of it.
>
> That's only true for a fairly narrow definition of ebook.
>
> http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html

That is an extraordinarly broad definition of the book "ANSI Common
Lisp".

Zach
From: Ralf Mattes
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:13:09 -0400, Ari Johnson wrote:

> "John Stoneham" <··············@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> jronald wrote:
>>> <ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
>>> I can't buy it in my country.
>>
>> The short answer is "no", there is no ebook of it.
>
> That's only true for a fairly narrow definition of ebook.
>
> http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html

... which is a link to the "ebook" version of "On LISP".
How is this relevant to the quest for an ebook version of "ANSI Common
LISP"?

 Cheers, RalfD
From: Ari Johnson
Ralf Mattes <··@mh-freiburg.de> writes:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:13:09 -0400, Ari Johnson wrote:

>>> The short answer is "no", there is no ebook of it.
>>
>> That's only true for a fairly narrow definition of ebook.
>>
>> http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html
>
> ... which is a link to the "ebook" version of "On LISP".
> How is this relevant to the quest for an ebook version of "ANSI Common
> LISP"?

I misread the original post, I guess.  More coffee next time. :)
From: ············@gmail.com
jronald wrote:
> <ansi common lisp> by Paul Graham
> I can't buy it in my country.
> I read the first chapter, and think I should read more.
> Thank you.

I'd suggest looking for a used copy anyway because the book is pretty
expensive (I think something like 40+ USD for a paperback).  "On Lisp"
is a great book but definitely not for beginners.

mfh