From: Lei Tang
Subject: cliki.net is down?
Is there any mirror site?

From: Rob Warnock
Subject: Re: cliki.net is down?

The host is there, and it's accepting connections,
but never generates a response, e.g.:

    $ telnet www.cliki.net 80
    Trying 64.49.254.81...
    Connected to eval.metacircles.com (64.49.254.81).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    GET / HTTP/1.0
    Host: www.cliki.net

    ...[deathly silence at this point]...

But there's *some* server running there, since if you
request "eval.metacircles.com" explicitly (instead of
"www.cliki.net"), you get redirected to "www.stargreen.com":

    $  telnet eval.metacircles.com 80
    Trying 64.49.254.81...
    Connected to eval.metacircles.com (64.49.254.81).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    GET / HTTP/1.0
    Host: eval.metacircles.com

    HTTP/1.1 302 Redirected
    Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:32:24 GMT
    Server: Araneida/0.84
    Connection: close

    Connection closed by foreign host.
    $

[And, yes, all three domain names are the same IP address.]

Didn't we have exactly this problem not too long ago?
(*grep*) (*grep*) Ah, yezz... Here it is. See the thread
surrounding the following:

    Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
    Subject: Re: What's happening with cliki.net and asdf-install theese days?
    Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:12:15 -0500

which I think you can get to from here:

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/
     thread/47c36b0951116106/c07b35fe645810f1?&hl=en#c07b35fe645810f1>

That time, it was a misconfiguration of the server, so I've
sent Dan Barlow a message in hopes that's all it is this time...

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Jason Dunsmore
From: Christophe Rhodes
"Jason Dunsmore" <·············@gmail.com> writes:

> It's down again.  Supposedly a bug in cliki is causing the problem.  I
> vote for moving cliki.net from cliki to mediawiki.

What is stopping you?  Go right ahead.

Christophe
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "Jason Dunsmore" <·············@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's down again.  Supposedly a bug in cliki is causing the problem.  I
> vote for moving cliki.net from cliki to mediawiki.

I propose fixing the bug.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Benjamin Tovar
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

> In article <························@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Jason Dunsmore" <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's down again.  Supposedly a bug in cliki is causing the problem.  I
>> vote for moving cliki.net from cliki to mediawiki.
>
> I propose fixing the bug.

(let ((*sarcasm* t))
     (print "I propose to reprogram cliki in python!"))

Benjamin

--
"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that
bullshit and just play." -- Charlie Parker
From: Josip Gracin
Benjamin Tovar wrote:
> Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:
>
>> In article <························@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>>  "Jason Dunsmore" <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's down again.  Supposedly a bug in cliki is causing the problem.  I
>>> vote for moving cliki.net from cliki to mediawiki.
>> I propose fixing the bug.
>
> (let ((*sarcasm* t))
>      (print "I propose to reprogram cliki in python!"))

And then fix the bug?
From: Markus Grueneis
Josip Gracin schrieb:
> Benjamin Tovar wrote:
>> Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

>>> I propose fixing the bug.
>>
>> (let ((*sarcasm* t))
>>      (print "I propose to reprogram cliki in python!"))
>
> And then fix the bug?

Yes, but only for the developers operating system.
From: Javier
It's down again. :-)

If it is because there are not enough money invested on the server,
perhaps we could do some kind of donation or something similar, or
perhaps moving all that asdf-install staff to a more reliable one.
From: Ari Johnson
"Javier" <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> It's down again. :-)
>
> If it is because there are not enough money invested on the server,
> perhaps we could do some kind of donation or something similar, or
> perhaps moving all that asdf-install staff to a more reliable one.

Depending on the bandwidth usage, I might be willing to host it all.
From: ·········@gmail.com
Ari Johnson wrote:
> "Javier" <·······@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > It's down again. :-)
> >
> > If it is because there are not enough money invested on the server,
> > perhaps we could do some kind of donation or something similar, or
> > perhaps moving all that asdf-install staff to a more reliable one.
>
> Depending on the bandwidth usage, I might be willing to host it all.

That would be great, even if it's at a lower bandwidth than usual. No
asdf-install really hampers :( Is there a mirror for asdf-install? (but
of a lisp noob)

I've been using google cache to look at some pages I really need for
references...
From: Ari Johnson
··········@gmail.com" <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> Ari Johnson wrote:
>> "Javier" <·······@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > It's down again. :-)
>> >
>> > If it is because there are not enough money invested on the server,
>> > perhaps we could do some kind of donation or something similar, or
>> > perhaps moving all that asdf-install staff to a more reliable one.
>>
>> Depending on the bandwidth usage, I might be willing to host it all.
>
> That would be great, even if it's at a lower bandwidth than usual. No
> asdf-install really hampers :( Is there a mirror for asdf-install? (but
> of a lisp noob)
>
> I've been using google cache to look at some pages I really need for
> references...

I have tons of bandwidth...I just don't know how much cliki.net uses.
Once I have my new server (with more disk space) in place, I will look
into mirroring it. :)
From: Paolo Amoroso
··········@gmail.com" <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> asdf-install really hampers :( Is there a mirror for asdf-install? (but

The Common Lisp Directory provides links to to many ASDF-INSTALLable
packages:

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/asdf-installable
  http://www.cl-user.net

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: David Golden
Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> ··········@gmail.com" <·········@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> asdf-install really hampers :( Is there a mirror for asdf-install?
>> (but
>
> The Common Lisp Directory provides links to to many ASDF-INSTALLable
> packages:
>
>   http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/asdf-installable
>   http://www.cl-user.net

But can a call to asdf-install hit cl-user.net instead of cliki.net when
doing an install?   I didn't think so, but I might be just out of date.
From: Paolo Amoroso
David Golden <············@oceanfree.net> writes:

> But can a call to asdf-install hit cl-user.net instead of cliki.net when
> doing an install?   I didn't think so, but I might be just out of date.

No, it can't.

Paolo