From: I. Myself
Subject: Neuroevolution in Lisp?
Is there any neuroevolution software written in Lisp?

(One of our team members has written some.)

Mitchell Timin

--
I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net.  If you want to write
software, or articles, or do testing or research for ANNEvolve, let me know.

Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number)
zenguy at shaw321 dot ca

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Neuroevolution in Lisp?
In article <·······················@pd7tw2no>,
 "I. Myself" <·······@Spam.None> wrote:

> Is there any neuroevolution software written in Lisp?
>
> (One of our team members has written some.)

Then I guess the answer must be "yes". :)

--
Barry Margolin, ······@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: I. Myself
Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <·······················@pd7tw2no>,
>  "I. Myself" <·······@Spam.None> wrote:
>
>> Is there any neuroevolution software written in Lisp?
>>
>> (One of our team members has written some.)
>
> Then I guess the answer must be "yes". :)

Well, yes, but this is the first public mention of it.  I wondered if it was a
"first".

Mitchell Timin

From: Alberto Santini
I. Myself wrote:
> Is there any neuroevolution software written in Lisp?

[cut]

I don't know if I understood correctly your question, but if you
are seeking a neural network software written in lisp, I can recomend
the following url:

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sef/

It is the father's homepage of the Cascade Correlation algorithm.
There is a lisp implementation for Cascade Correlation,
QuickProp and Recurrent netowrks.

I tried the Cascade Correlation: it compiles without problems
and it works fine.

Regards,
Alberto Santini
From: Lei Tang
I would be more interested if there's some package for machine learning
or statistics.

-Lei

From: I. Myself
Lei Tang wrote:
> I would be more interested if there's some package for machine learning
> or statistics.

neuroevolution is a form of machine learning.

From: I. Myself
Alberto Santini wrote:
> I. Myself wrote:
>> Is there any neuroevolution software written in Lisp?
>>
> [cut]
>
> I don't know if I understood correctly your question, but if you
> are seeking a neural network software written in lisp, I can recomend
<snip>
Neuroevolution is when neural networks are trained by simulated evolution.  The
latter is often some variant of the genetic algorithm (GA).