From: Lei Tang
Subject: asdf-install for CLISP without Cygwin?
Is it possible to use asdf without Cgywin for CLISP under windows? I
checked the notes on asdf-install and seems Cgywin is a prerequisite. Is
there any way to avoid Cgywin?

thanks a lot!
-Lei
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: asdf-install for CLISP without Cygwin?
Lei Tang <······@asu.edu> writes:

> Is it possible to use asdf without Cgywin for CLISP under windows? I
> checked the notes on asdf-install and seems Cgywin is a
> prerequisite. Is there any way to avoid Cgywin?

I really don't see how it should be.

Just download the asdf.lisp file:

MKDIR C:\CCLAN
CD C:\CCLAN
CVS.EXE -z3 ····················@$$f.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cclan co .
MKDIR C:\LISPROJ
CD C:\LISPROJ
CLISP.EXE

;; Then load ASDF:

(load "C:\\CCLAN\ASDF\ASDF.LISP")

;; Then update the *central-registry* paths:
;; (this way is slow, I scan the whole disk for .ASD files...)

(setf asdf:*central-registry*
      (nconc (delete-duplicates
               (mapcar (lambda (file)
                         (make-pathname :name nil :type nil :version nil
                                        :default file))
                       (directory "C:\\**\\*.ASD"))
               :test (function equalp))
             asdf:*central-registr*))

;; Then have fun:

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :whatnot)

Disclaimer: I know nothing of MS-Windows and very little of MS-DOS...

"Klingon function calls do not have "parameters" -- they have
"arguments" and they ALWAYS WIN THEM."