From: Lei Tang
Subject: How to terminate an endless loop?
I just came accross this situation sometimes. It's possible that my lisp
   program runs into an endless loop due to some bug. How can I terminae
running it?

Currently, I use Clisp + Slime+ Xemacs. What I did is to kill the lisp
process manually and restart everything. Is there any easier way to kill
the "running-for-ever" program under slime without restart/reload?

Thanks a lot!
-Lei

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: How to terminate an endless loop?
+ Lei Tang <······@asu.edu>:

| I just came accross this situation sometimes. It's possible that my
| lisp  program runs into an endless loop due to some bug. How can I
| terminae running it?

Under slime, hit C-c C-c (slime-interrupt).  This throws you into the
debugger, from which you can exit to toplevel by typing q.

  -- Bertrand Russell
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:41:25 +0200, Harald Hanche-Olsen
<······@math.ntnu.no> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>+ Lei Tang <······@asu.edu>:
>
>| I just came accross this situation sometimes. It's possible that my
>| lisp  program runs into an endless loop due to some bug. How can I
>| terminae running it?
>
>Under slime, hit C-c C-c (slime-interrupt).  This throws you into the
>debugger, from which you can exit to toplevel by typing q.

...unless you're on Windows with CLISP. In this case switch to
*inferior-lisp* buffer and press C-c C-c and proceed to debugger.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Lei Tang
Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:41:25 +0200, Harald Hanche-Olsen
> <······@math.ntnu.no> tried to confuse everyone with this message:
>

>>+ Lei Tang <······@asu.edu>:
>>
>>| I just came accross this situation sometimes. It's possible that my
>>| lisp  program runs into an endless loop due to some bug. How can I
>>| terminae running it?
>>
>>Under slime, hit C-c C-c (slime-interrupt).  This throws you into the
>>debugger, from which you can exit to toplevel by typing q.
>

> ...unless you're on Windows with CLISP. In this case switch to
> *inferior-lisp* buffer and press C-c C-c and proceed to debugger.

It works. Thanks a lot!
-Lei