From: Robert Carleton
Subject: Programmers version of a Mac Ad spoof
My credit and apologies to creators of:

  http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/security.php

Here's my version:

Python: I'm Python

VB: I'm Visual Basic

Zoom in on VB

VB: Visual Basic .NET supports object-oriented and event driven
programming. It also has just in time compilation for better
performance.

Pan to Python

Python: Well Python emphasizes the importance of programmer effort over
computer effort.

Zoom out to capture both VB and Python

VB: Yea, but Python has less than ten percent of the programming market
share...

Scheme steps into frame

VB: Oh, look it's Common Lisp.

Scheme: I'm not Common Lisp! I'm Scheme!  I'm tired of you guys getting
us confused.

Python: Sorry dude, you look just like Common Lisp.

Scheme: I look as much like Common Lisp as VB .NET look like Altair
BASIC.

VB: You know, Altair BASIC was Microsoft's first product.

Scheme: Yea... I know.

Fade out

VB: You know, you look just like Common Lisp.

Scheme: Shut up!

Send praise, sticks and stones to ···@hakuhale.net :)
From: Chris Barts
Subject: Re: Programmers version of a Mac Ad spoof
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:09:25 -1000, Robert Carleton wrote:

<snip>
> Send praise, sticks and stones to ···@hakuhale.net :)

Pretty good. :)

My additions:

[Common Lisp enters]

VB: I'm seeing double.

Scheme and CL: SHUT UP!

Scheme [to CL]: Still bloated?

CL [to Scheme]: Still non-portable?

[Python slowly steps backwards, VB looks around blankly.]

Scheme [to CL]: HYGIENE!

CL [to Scheme]: UTILITY!

[Scheme and CL fight. Lambdas and parens fly. Reader macros and
defsyntaxes are thick on the ground. VB gets cut by a wild sharp-quote and
faints upon seeing his own blood. Python ducks and covers.]

[A sign bearing the name 'Arc' falls on the ground, right between the
fighting pair and Python. Scheme and CL notice this and look at it.]

Scheme: Do you smell something?

CL: Yeah. Vapor.

--
My address happens to be com (dot) gmail (at) usenet (plus) chbarts,
wardsback and translated.