From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: [Ann]: clfswm - Another Common Lisp fullscreen X11 window manager.
Hi everybody,

For my own use, I wrote a fullscreen X11 window manager in Common
Lisp. It is based on tinywm and stumpwm.

Here is the abstract:

CLFSWM is a 100% Common Lisp X11 window manager (based on Tinywm and
Stumpwm. Many thanks to them).
It can be driven only with the keyboard or with the mouse.

A display is divided in workspaces, groups and windows. Windows are
packed together in groups.
By default a group is fullscreen maximized (no decorations, no
buttons, no menus: nothing, just the application fullscreen!).
When not maximized, a group of windows can be moved, resized, tiled,
packed or filled to others groups edges.

For its binding, CLFSWM has two modes.
A main mode with minimal keys and no mouse grabbing to avoid conflict
with others applications.
And a second mode with more keys and mouse actions.
CLFSWM comes with an integrated pager to manage workspaces, groups and
windows as in the second mode way.
For details on the CLFSWM usage, have a look at the default bindings.

CLFSWM is highly dynamic. By default there is only one workspace and
one group. Other workspaces or groups are created/deleted on the
fly. Windows, groups and workspaces can be manipulated in the second
mode or in the pager. A window can be in more than one group or
workspace, so it can have multiple views of the same
windows.

Maybe someone can have some interest for it (other than me).

So here is the source code (GPL), some screenshots and animations:

  http://hocwp.free.fr/clfswm/

Have fun,

Philippe

--