From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Lisp on Solaris?
Hi--

does anyone know of a common lisp implementation that runs well on
Solaris?  I'd like to use it as the basis for a web console for another
program, so I want something that interfaces well with the OS (largely
parsing command output) and can hook up to TBNL and/or paserve to serve
the content.

Here's what I've found:

  SBCL: 0.9.11 is compiled for Solaris, but doesn't run TBNL very well
-- more up to date versions won't compile for me (Solaris 9/UltraSPARC)

  CMUCL: looks like it might work, but the multiprocessing package
isn't available, which puts TBNL out of contention

  CLISP: always struck me as an 'eccentric' implementation -- don't
think TBNL works with this

I even contemplated trying mzscheme, which seems to work OK with
Solaris, but the tooth-melting pain of being without CL's large, messy
standard functions is too much -- I'll take any CL over having to
implement 3/4 of the standard.

Tiarnan
From: Peder O. Klingenberg
Subject: Re: Lisp on Solaris?
·········@gmail.com" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> does anyone know of a common lisp implementation that runs well on
> Solaris?

Both Lispworks and Allegro run just fine on Solaris, multithreading
and all, AFAIK.

...Peder...
--
I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.