From: ·······@gmail.com
Subject: embedding a lisp or scheme into apache a la mod_perl etc?
Hi,

has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?

Thanks,
Manuel

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:59:20 -0800, ·······@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
> as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?

I think ECL would allow this:
  http://ecls.sourceforge.net/

..but I haven't tried this.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello ········@gmail.com)
(you :wrote  :on '(29 Nov 2006 06:59:20 -0800))
(

 m> has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
 m> as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?

sorta.. embedded ABCL into Apache Tomcat. i'm going to make SF project for
this.

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: Greg Johnston
·······@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
> as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?
>
> Thanks,
> Manuel

a la mod_perl?

Well, there's a mod_lisp.
From: Rob Warnock
Greg Johnston <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| ·······@gmail.com wrote:
| > has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
| > as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Manuel
|
| a la mod_perl?
|
| Well, there's a mod_lisp.
+---------------

Sorry, "mod_lisp" does precisely what the OP *didn't*
want to do, namely, "communicat[e] with it through a pipe"
[or a socket, in the case of "mod_lisp"].

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Ralf Mattes
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:59:20 -0800, ·······@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone ever tried to embed a lisp or scheme into apache directly,
> as opposed to communicating with it through a pipe?

Yes, there  is (was?) Dale P. Smith's mod_guile, working for Apache-1.3
I had a (highly patched) working version back in 2002 that i _might_ be
able to find on an old harddisk. But of course now we have Apache 2.2 on
the stack and there would be substantial work to be done to 'port' the
code. My big show-stopper back then: there's pretty much no (documented)
support for goops (guile's CLOS-like OO part) from the C-side, something I
personally find absolutely necessary.

HTH Ralf Mattes