From: Anil Mamede
Subject: Security protocols implementend in CL
Hi,

I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.

My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.

My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.

Thanks,
Anil Mamede

From: Joel Ray Holveck
Subject: Re: Security protocols implementend in CL
Anil Mamede wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.
> My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.

Did you know that there is already an SSL library?  It is at
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-plus-ssl/

joelh
From: Anil Mamede
Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
> Anil Mamede wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.
>> My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.
>
> Did you know that there is already an SSL library?  It is at
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-plus-ssl/
>
> joelh

But isn't openssl libs necessary to CL+SSL?

Anil Mamede
From: Joel Ray Holveck
Anil Mamede wrote:
>>> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>>> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.
>>> My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.
>> Did you know that there is already an SSL library?  It is at
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-plus-ssl/
> But isn't openssl libs necessary to CL+SSL?

Yes.  If that is a problem, then CL+SSL does not help you.

I do not know of any X.509 implementation in Lisp.

Good luck!

joelh
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:21:57 +0000, Anil Mamede wrote:

> Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
>> Anil Mamede wrote:
>>
>>> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>>> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.
>>> My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.
>>
>> Did you know that there is already an SSL library?  It is at
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-plus-ssl/
>>
>> joelh
>>

> But isn't openssl libs necessary to CL+SSL?

It doesn't matter if its back-end is written in C as long as it's a good
library IMHO. It's doing a pretty "static" job anyway?

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/
From: Steven Haflich
Anil Mamede wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>
> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.

SSL is available out of the box in Allegro CL, and I'm pretty sure this
is also true in the free version.  See

http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/8.0/doc/socket.htm#ssl-1

and

http://www.franz.com/downloads/

I don't know whether this will be particularly useful for you.
From: Thibault Langlois
On Nov 20, 2:08 am, Steven Haflich <····@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Anil Mamede wrote:
> > I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>
> > My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.SSL is available out of the box in Allegro CL, and I'm pretty sure this
> is also true in the free version.  See
>
> http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/8.0/doc/socket.htm#ssl-1
>
> and
>
> http://www.franz.com/downloads/
>
> I don't know whether this will be particularly useful for you.

Anybody knows if it works with (or has been ported to) other
implementations ?

Thibault Langlois
From: Anil Mamede
Anil Mamede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in knowing security protocols in Common Lisp.
>
> My goal is to implement SSL/TLS protocol. I already know Ironclad package.
>
> My concern is an implementation of X.509 certificates in CL.
>
> Thanks,
> Anil Mamede

Our goal is to provide  SSL/TLS framework in CLOS. What i need is:

- ASN.1 library with at least BER/DER encoding - cl-snmp have some
functions to read a subset of BER encoding;

We'll start with Anonymous Diffie Hellman (to not stall of what is
required) to exchange the master key in handshake protocol. But in the
future we must have:

- at least RSA and x.509v3 certificates will be needed;
- MD5 and SHA-1. Ironclad provide that;
- at least Triple DES EDE Chain Block Mode.

This framework aim to work on various CL implementations and not rely on
  FFI's.

Anil Mamede