From: Dominique Boucher
Subject: [Ann] Next meeting of the MSLUG
The next meeting will be on November 22, 2006.

Talk: Factor: a non-trivial stack language, by Slava Pestov.

I will start with a quick overview of key language features found in
Factor (higher-order functions, generic functions, continuations,
code-as-data...), and how they relate to abstractions you know and love
from Common Lisp and Scheme. I will attempt to explain the philosophy
of programming with a stack. I will then talk about the architecture of
the Factor compiler, which implements some interesting optimizations I
developed which are specific to stack-based languages. Finally I will
give an overview of the Factor user interface framework. The
presentation slides will actually be displayed by a Factor program
running on my laptop (with PDF dumps as backup), and I will be able to
do a little bit of live coding (assuming my software doesn't fail
horribly).

For more information: http://schemeway.dyndns.org/mslug and
http://factorcode.org

See you there!