From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Beginners' Meta FAQ for comp.lang.lisp
Prototype available:

   http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html

[Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]

All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)

From: byronsalty
Subject: Re: Beginners' Meta FAQ for comp.lang.lisp
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Prototype available:
>
>    http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html
>
> [Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]
>
> All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)

Add a <title /> so that del.icio.us will auto-populate the description
:)
From: ········@gmail.com
byronsalty wrote:
> ········@gmail.com wrote:
> > Prototype available:
> >
> >    http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html
> >
> > [Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]
> >
> > All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)
>
> Add a <title /> so that del.icio.us will auto-populate the description
> :)

Good point; Done.
From: Pascal Costanza
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Prototype available:
>
>    http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html
>
> [Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]
>
> All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)

Looks good to me. How do we communicate that we recognize a thread that
we think should become part of this Meta FAQ?

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: ········@gmail.com
> Looks good to me. How do we communicate that we recognize a thread that
> we think should become part of this Meta FAQ?

Good question. I'd say, add it to this thread (that is, the most recent
meta-faq post thread). That will re-front the thread and I'll pick it
up. (I don't monitor my gmail; I only use it as backup, and to post
from.) If you can figure out my "true name"  (not that it's *that* big
a secret! :-) I suppose that you can send me direct email. But I'd
rather things be done via posts bcs that way there can be discussion if
anyone disagrees.
From: Adam
········@gmail.com wrote:

> Prototype available:
>
>    http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/cllfaq.html
>
> [Note esp. the places where I need help finding things to point to.]
>
> All comments welcome (as if I have a choice! :-)

I can sense the need for some cross-platform compatibility references, but I
don't really know what to suggest or where to start - perhaps it hasn't
been raised on the list for a while.

ie;
I run (version) Lisp (with graphics) on (Linux, Mac, MS-Windows), can I
expect this code to work on (Mac, MS-Windows, Linux). Sort of thing.

Only a suggestion, but may help foster newbie community interaction.
From: ········@gmail.com
Adam wrote:
> I can sense the need for some cross-platform compatibility references, but I
> don't really know what to suggest or where to start - perhaps it hasn't
> been raised on the list for a while.

Let's try an experiment: Start a conversation (in a separate thread),
and if it seems useful, we'll have something to refer to!