From: boating12345
Subject: Pulling hair out!
Dear All,

I have a strange problem with allegroserve  our servers run perfectly
for hours then all of a sudden it gets

While reading http request from IPADDRESS: The value 1045 is not of
type  (mod 1045)

Then it stops serving websites and we have to restart.

It's driving me spare!

Please help!

Paul

From: hyperstring.net ltd
Subject: Re: Pulling hair out!
Here's where the message comes from in main.cl

When it starts every time you request a web page it just produces the
error

=		  ; (logmess "eof when reading request")
		  ; end this connection by closing socket
		  (if* error-obj
		     then (brief-logmess
			   (format nil "While reading http request~:_ from ~a:~:_ ~a"
				   (acl-compat.socket:ipaddr-to-dotted
				    (acl-compat.socket:remote-host sock))
				   error-obj)))

		  ; notify the client if it's still listening
		  (if* (car chars-seen)
		     then (ignore-errors
			   (format sock "HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request~a~a"
				   *crlf* *crlf*)
			   (force-output sock)))
From: hyperstring.net ltd
The answer

http://www.cliki.net/Portable%20Allegroserve%20Enhanced%20Version%20for%20SBCL

I upgraded to THIS version of sbcl which seems to have solved it so
far!

Paul
http://www.hyperstring.net
From: hyperstring.net ltd
Sorry folks - seems that this has not fixed it - under stress we sitll
get this error.

Looks like Allegroserve might not be a serious LISP web server?
From: André Thieme
hyperstring.net ltd schrieb:
> Sorry folks - seems that this has not fixed it - under stress we sitll
> get this error.
>
> Looks like Allegroserve might not be a serious LISP web server?

Several websites are running on it. I also use it and don't have too
many problems with it.
There are other webservers you could use or.. you could implement your
own webserver which gives you full control over all features.
Or throw 50% of paserve away and reimplement them yourself.

Andr�