From: Damien Kick
Subject: Implementing telnet
I've been searching for CL code which implements telnet and will work
with Allegro but I'm not having any luck.  I've found CL-TELNETD
<http://tinyurl.com/y3rsf6> but it only tries to work with SBCL and even
then, I find the following comment in the code:

NOTA BENE: This code doesn't work yet. It hasn't even been compiled.
Don't expect it to do what you expect, or even what it expects.

I've also found an old Erik Naggum post <http://tinyurl.com/y4r7lk> with
the teaser, "I have a slightly modified version to obey the TELNET
protocol, but it's too much to post here."  He also claims that
"implementing a full TELNET client or server is about two weeks' worth
of hard labor (each) for one who knows the standards involved"
<http://tinyurl.com/voks9>, so I wish he would've posted the code
somewhere <smile>.

If anybody knows of a working implementation, I'd appreciate any help
finding it.