From: PaowZ
Subject: Lisp Free Editor
Hi there!

This subject must have been discussed, but could not find it in
threads..
Well, I was wondering which free Lisp editors do you use, for those
running MS Windows ?
I used to lisp in LispWorks but it causes me some troubles...
Any suggestion would be nice :)

Thanks a lot.

PaowZ

From: prabuinet
Subject: Re: Lisp Free Editor
PaowZ wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> This subject must have been discussed, but could not find it in
> threads..
> Well, I was wondering which free Lisp editors do you use, for those
> running MS Windows ?
> I used to lisp in LispWorks but it causes me some troubles...
> Any suggestion would be nice :)
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PaowZ

Using Emacs + Slime under CYGWIN

Prabu
From: Gene Ash
Use Lispbox (http://gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/)

When you start Lispbox it launches the text editor Emacs with SLIME.

Cheers,
Gene

From: ·······@gmail.com
PaowZ wrote:

> I used to lisp in LispWorks but it causes me some troubles...

What are these troubles?
From: PaowZ
·······@gmail.com wrote:
> PaowZ wrote:
>
> > I used to lisp in LispWorks but it causes me some troubles...
>
> What are these troubles?

Well, It seems like LispWorks auto-hides after a certain delay of
inactivity. I don't want to say bulshit, but possibly in order to make
me register Pro version... :/ I don't remember the messagebox..
I'll tell you as soon as.. :)
From: Michael Bohn
LispWorks Personal shuts down after 4 hours of use.
But you get a warning after 3 hours.

From: TMH
Occasionaly, I have to use windows. For those occasions, I have
emacs+slime using clisp, no cygwin, though. There are versions of emacs
and clisp that don't require installing cygwin. I've had good luck with
those.

Good Luck.
From: Timofei Shatrov
On 9 Nov 2006 03:22:39 -0800, "PaowZ" <······@gmail.com> tried to confuse
everyone with this message:

>Hi there!
>
>This subject must have been discussed, but could not find it in
>threads..
>Well, I was wondering which free Lisp editors do you use, for those
>running MS Windows ?
>I used to lisp in LispWorks but it causes me some troubles...
>Any suggestion would be nice :)

Try EmacsW32, which is the latest version of GNU Emacs compiled for Windows and
patched for better compatibility.

http://www.ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

Then install SLIME on it and everything will be real smooth!
--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Bernd Schmitt
On 09.11.2006 12:22, PaowZ wrote:
> Well, I was wondering which free Lisp editors do you use, for those
> running MS Windows ?
Slime / Emacs / Clisp for editing, SBCL for running applications.

Clisp seems to be very very slow compared to SBCL. I recognized speed
factors of up to 500 = sbcl / clisp at an application dealing mostly
with inverting 3x3 matrices of single-floats.

* use cldocs for enabling better documentation
* use ansicl-info files for direct access to common lisp language
definition in emacs

Bernd

--
         T_a_k_e__c_a_r_e__o_f__y_o_u_r__R_I_G_H_T_S.
           P_r_e_v_e_n_t__L_O_G_I_C--P_A_T_E_N_T_S