From: Victor Kryukov
Subject: Webactions use url rewriting while cookies are available - why?
Hello group,

I need some advise from people familiar with Allegro
Webactions. Webactions provides two ways to maintain state (aka
session): either with cookies or with url rewriting. Documentation
says that first way is preferred, and only if it fails, the second way
is used.

I have cookies support turned on in my browser, yet Webactions use url
rewriting. Any ideas what may be the case here? Can I specifically
forbid url rewriting in Webactions?

Best Regards,
Victor.
From: André Thieme
Victor Kryukov schrieb:
> Hello group,
>
> I need some advise from people familiar with Allegro
> Webactions. Webactions provides two ways to maintain state (aka
> session): either with cookies or with url rewriting. Documentation
> says that first way is preferred, and only if it fails, the second way
> is used.
>
> I have cookies support turned on in my browser, yet Webactions use url
> rewriting. Any ideas what may be the case here? Can I specifically
> forbid url rewriting in Webactions?

Hi Victor,

this is explained in the tutorial:
http://opensource.franz.com/aserve/aserve-dist/webactions/doc/using-webactions.html

read the texts around:
"Why does the url look so strange?  The reason is that when the first
page (the page named "home") was processed by Webactions and sent back
to the browser, Webactions didn't know if the browser would accept a
cookie."

Andr�