From: ··········@gmail.com
Subject: Lisp And Visual Studio.net(2003)
I am working on project that is to create a knowledge base for a
specific domain. i want to create a friendly user interface and also
want to load different file formats as output( video, audio, and
different text file formats)

How can I achieve this task using LISP + Visual Studio.net

Thanks..

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Lisp And Visual Studio.net(2003)

http://weblogs.asp.net/jtobler/archive/2003/10/01/30000.aspx
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotlisp/
http://www.lsharp.org/
http://www.weitz.de/rdnzl/
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Larceny/
http://www.rivendell.ws/dot-scheme/
From: Ken Tilton
··········@gmail.com wrote:
> I am working on project that is to create a knowledge base for a
> specific domain. i want to create a friendly user interface and also
> want to load different file formats as output( video, audio, and
> different text file formats)
>
> How can I achieve this task using LISP + Visual Studio.net

(1) Not joking: del/s c:/progam files/microsoft visusal studio/*.*
(2) AllegroCL (or Lispworks if you do not like salespeople)
(3) get my bleeding edge Cello project, which interfaces to tcl/Tk,
OpenGL, OpenAL, and GraphicksMagick.

kenny

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"
    Attorney for Mary Winkler, confessed killer of her
    minister husband, when asked if the couple had
    marital problems.
From: Sampo Vuori
> (3) get my bleeding edge Cello project, which interfaces to tcl/Tk,
> OpenGL, OpenAL, and GraphicksMagick.
Me wants. Where do I get Cello?

- Sampo
From: Ken Tilton
Sampo Vuori wrote:
>>(3) get my bleeding edge Cello project, which interfaces to tcl/Tk,
>>OpenGL, OpenAL, and GraphicksMagick.
>
> Me wants. Where do I get Cello?

I am switching it now from Freeglut to a Tcl/Tk/Togl foundation.
Realistically, should take all week.

If you just want to see all those neat toys in a fun offtake of Lesson 6
of NeHe (the spinning tectured cube, now with anti-aliased text and
scary sound effects), an incredibly adventurous soul might be able to
look at NeHe-06.lpr here:

    http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cello/?root=cello

  and figure out how to assemble the kazillion missing pieces:

Cells and Celtk from here:
    http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=cells

...then CFFI, binary install of Tcl/Tk, build-your-own Togl, binaries
for GraphicsMagick and OpenAL.

The easy way out is to use AllegroCL since that is what I use, but I do
not know if all that will overextend ACL trial's heap (?) limit.

Watch out, ACL is addicting. So is OpenGL from Lisp. :)

kt

From: fireblade
··········@gmail.com wrote:
> I am working on project that is to create a knowledge base for a
> specific domain. i want to create a friendly user interface and also
> want to load different file formats as output( video, audio, and
> different text file formats)
>
> How can I achieve this task using LISP + Visual Studio.net
>
> Thanks..

Why do you need  Visual Studio  ?
Do you have any special request to use MFC or .Net framework
or something else from Visual studio.
If it's only  for GUI ,Lisp has also libraries (CLIM , CAPI etc)
and commercial vendors (Franz LW) have even GUI builders so
you can make  your GUI without even leaving Lisp.

And what of Visual Studio languages you plan to use C/C++/C#
VB ?

bobi
From: ··········@gmail.com
Hello,
Thanks
Guide me more.........
I want to use visual studio just for my esyness and i use C# in visual
studio. I plan for my project is that
i design GUI in c# (visual studio).
I develop knowledge base in Lisp.
And at output i want to load different file for user convenience for
example video files, power point slides, word documents etc.
From: John Thingstad
Subject: BLOAT-EST -- future proof encoding
I have just been studying XML standards.
I particularly liked XSL, XSLT and XSL-FO

XSL:   http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/
XSLT:  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
XSLFO: http://www.zvon.org/xxl/xslfoReference/Output/index.html

It does seem something is lacking.
The Unicode character system is all about these --numbers--
how about we type the Unicode name instead.
Much more readable and we could use a good old ASCII editor.
Perfectly future proof.

That would be bloat-est..
Which apparently is coolest by our 'modern' XML philosophy.

From: fireblade
··········@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks
> Guide me more.........
> I want to use visual studio just for my esyness and i use C# in visual
> studio. I plan for my project is that
> i design GUI in c# (visual studio).
> I develop knowledge base in Lisp.
> And at output i want to load different file for user convenience for
> example video files, power point slides, word documents etc.

As you probably read from previous posters there's no native support
for any CL implenation for .Net.
So you have few choices :
1. Make knowledge base dll and call it from C# exe through FFI
( You need to purchase Allegro or lispworks with runtime ,
Actually there's one Lisp vendor Corman Lisp who can make .dll with
free version but their implentation development has been stopped ,
correct me if I'm wrong)
2. Make dll with C# and call it from Lisp through FFI
3. Or try  http://www.weitz.de/rdnzl/
From: sharpnine
You are wrong about Corman Lisp--development on Corman Lisp has not
stopped. We are working hard to get a new release (2.6) finished which
is substantially improved (all math libraries and portions of the FFI
rewritten for improved speed and stability, for one thing). We have a
beta version being tested by a number of developers at this point, and
new (Corman Technologies) developers coming up to speed for future
work. I do acknowledge that progress in the past few years has been
slower than we would have liked.

By the way, Corman Lisp 2.6 will ship with Edi Weitz RDNZL package
pre-loaded for easy .NET access.

Roger Corman

From: fireblade
sharpnine wrote:
> You are wrong about Corman Lisp--development on Corman Lisp has not
> stopped. We are working hard to get a new release (2.6) finished which
> is substantially improved (all math libraries and portions of the FFI
> rewritten for improved speed and stability, for one thing). We have a
> beta version being tested by a number of developers at this point, and
> new (Corman Technologies) developers coming up to speed for future
> work. I do acknowledge that progress in the past few years has been
> slower than we would have liked.
>
> By the way, Corman Lisp 2.6 will ship with Edi Weitz RDNZL package
> pre-loaded for easy .NET access.

Nice to hear that,  any release date scheduled or it's too early?
From: John Thingstad
On Mon, 29 May 2006 18:12:34 +0200, <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on project that is to create a knowledge base for a
> specific domain. i want to create a friendly user interface and also
> want to load different file formats as output( video, audio, and
> different text file formats)
>
> How can I achieve this task using LISP + Visual Studio.net
>
> Thanks..

No Lisp implementations nativly support .NET that I know.
There is however a library called foil that interfacses to it (and Java).
Here is a link to a post I wrote on the subject earlier:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/f6d617252e851863/bab945556b86b216?lnk=st&q=net+java+lisp+author%3AJohn+author%3AThingstad&rnum=1&hl=en#bab945556b86b216

From: John Thingstad
On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:44:07 +0200, John Thingstad
<··············@chello.no> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 May 2006 18:12:34 +0200, <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am working on project that is to create a knowledge base for a
>> specific domain. i want to create a friendly user interface and also
>> want to load different file formats as output( video, audio, and
>> different text file formats)
>>
>> How can I achieve this task using LISP + Visual Studio.net
>>
>> Thanks..
>>

> No Lisp implementations nativly support .NET that I know.
> There is however a library called foil that interfacses to it (and Java).
> Here is a link to a post I wrote on the subject earlier:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/f6d617252e851863/bab945556b86b216?lnk=st&q=net+java+lisp+author%3AJohn+author%3AThingstad&rnum=1&hl=en#bab945556b86b216

Ah and there is Edi Weitz RDNZL which seems ok..
Just downloaded into Allegro yesterday, so it is a bit early
to to tell you about my experiences. It interfaces directly to
a dll which interfaces to managed C++. Foil uses a socket
so it has the potential to be faster. I haven't come to definite
conclusion yet.