From: Ari Johnson
Subject: Swank dies on connect under detachtty
When I run a swank server thread under SBCL 0.9.12 and then connect to
it, it works just fine.  However, when I do the same thing with an
SBCL running under detachtty, upon connection the entire Lisp quits
without a word.

I have tried setq'ing *debug-io* to either *terminal-io* or
*standard-output* to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem and been unable to fix it with
(setq *debug-io* *standard-output*)?

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: Swank dies on connect under detachtty
I can't answer your question, but I've had some (other) problems with
detachtty. Switching to screen solved them (and gave me a couple of
extra features).

--
mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal
From: Kamen TOMOV
On Sat, May 27 2006, Ari Johnson wrote:

> When I run a swank server thread under SBCL 0.9.12 and then connect to
> it, it works just fine.  However, when I do the same thing with an
> SBCL running under detachtty, upon connection the entire Lisp quits
> without a word.

Here is how I start swank and it works:

(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :swank)
(setq swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
(swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)

I am using CMU-CL though.

--
Kamen TOMOV
From: Ari Johnson
Kamen TOMOV <·····@evrocom.net> writes:

> On Sat, May 27 2006, Ari Johnson wrote:
>
>> When I run a swank server thread under SBCL 0.9.12 and then connect to
>> it, it works just fine.  However, when I do the same thing with an
>> SBCL running under detachtty, upon connection the entire Lisp quits
>> without a word.
>
> Here is how I start swank and it works:
>
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :swank)
> (setq swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
> (swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)

Nope, no luck there.  I may have to go back to using screen, but I had
preferred detachtty because I don't like having single-screen 'screen'
sessions lying around.