From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Proceedings of the 1988 ACM conference on LISP and functional programming
does anyone have an old copy of Will Clinger, Anne Hartheimer, and Eric
Ost's "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" laying around?

My ACM membership expired and I'm too poor to afford to pay their
exorbitant rates. I'm willing to trade old ACM papers on stereo vision,
eyetracking, and natural language processing ;-)

Nick

From: William D Clinger
········@gmail.com wrote:
> does anyone have an old copy of Will Clinger, Anne Hartheimer, and Eric
> Ost's "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" laying around?
>
> My ACM membership expired and I'm too poor to afford to pay their
> exorbitant rates....

The journal version is much better, but Springer-Verlag
charges $30 for it:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=609188&dl=ACM&coll=portal

It might be cheaper just to replicate the research.

Will
From: ········@gmail.com
Hey, thanks for the feedback guys. I think I got it under control
now...

Nick
From: Thomas Schilling
········@gmail.com wrote:
> does anyone have an old copy of Will Clinger, Anne Hartheimer, and Eric
> Ost's "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" laying around?
>
> My ACM membership expired and I'm too poor to afford to pay their
> exorbitant rates. I'm willing to trade old ACM papers on stereo vision,
> eyetracking, and natural language processing ;-)
>
> Nick

According to the terms of usage (http://portal.acm.org/info/usage.cfm)
you're allowed to print out the PDF for personal use (linked from here:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&id=62692).

But I guess you want some originals, no?
From: Anton van Straaten
Thomas Schilling wrote:
> ········@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>does anyone have an old copy of Will Clinger, Anne Hartheimer, and Eric
>>Ost's "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" laying around?
>>
>>My ACM membership expired and I'm too poor to afford to pay their
>>exorbitant rates. I'm willing to trade old ACM papers on stereo vision,
>>eyetracking, and natural language processing ;-)
>>
>>Nick
>

> According to the terms of usage (http://portal.acm.org/info/usage.cfm)
> you're allowed to print out the PDF for personal use (linked from here:
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&id=62692).

That PDF is not accessible without an ACM web account and an appropriate
ACM membership or subscription.

The article can also be purchased individually, which requires creating
an ACM web account and paying (in this case) $5 for the article, via
credit card.

Anton
From: Thomas Schilling
Anton van Straaten wrote:
> Thomas Schilling wrote:
>
>> ········@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> does anyone have an old copy of Will Clinger, Anne Hartheimer, and Eric
>>> Ost's "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" laying around?
>>>
>>> My ACM membership expired and I'm too poor to afford to pay their
>>> exorbitant rates. I'm willing to trade old ACM papers on stereo vision,
>>> eyetracking, and natural language processing ;-)
>>> Nick
>>

>> According to the terms of usage (http://portal.acm.org/info/usage.cfm)
>> you're allowed to print out the PDF for personal use (linked from here:
>> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&id=62692).
>

> That PDF is not accessible without an ACM web account and an appropriate
> ACM membership or subscription.
>
> The article can also be purchased individually, which requires creating
> an ACM web account and paying (in this case) $5 for the article, via
> credit card.
>
> Anton

Oh, really?  I'm sorry then.  The PDF is accessible for me--and I don't
have an ACM account.  So I assume it's because I'm accessing it through
the my university's network.

Then, maybe, these links work:

 <http://www.daimi.au.dk/~ups/OOVM/papers/clinger-al.pdf>
 <http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/cours/ift6232/doc/pres1/implementation-strategies-for-continuations.pdf>

(all found via scholar.google.com)

HTH,

Thomas
From: Roberto Waltman
Thomas Schilling <······@yahoo.de> wrote:

>Then, maybe, these links work
> <http://www.daimi.au.dk/~ups/OOVM/papers/clinger-al.pdf>
> <http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/cours/ift6232/doc/pres1/implementation-strategies-for-continuations.pdf>

They worked for me. (Not the OP.)  Thanks!