From: Jonathon McKitrick
Subject: What are the differences with the FFI projects out there?
I've read about Verazzano and the various other FFI projects, and I'm a
bit unclear on which one is the newer, which one is better, etc.

Would someone mind explaining the status of the most important FFI
projects?

Thanks!

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Hi,
For the FFI-part I'd go for CFFI.

UFFI is "the old" FFI-library, and CFFI includes something called a
UFFI-compatibility-layer for use with stuff not yet(?) ported to CFFI.

--
mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal
From: Eli Gottlieb
Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> I've read about Verazzano and the various other FFI projects, and I'm a
> bit unclear on which one is the newer, which one is better, etc.
>
> Would someone mind explaining the status of the most important FFI
> projects?
>
> Thanks!

When I asked the question, I was told that CFFI was the most recent and
best developed. YMMV

--
The science of economics is the cleverest proof of free will yet
constructed.
From: ·····@acd.net
CFFI's uffi compatibility module works well for simple data types, but
has several problems when using pointers. They are aware of the
problems and are deciding on the best way to revise the code.

-lv