From: Mark Tarver
Subject: Ubuntu CLisp binary
Anybody got a working CLisp
binary under Ubuntu Linux?
My distro will not make and
I need to find out if the binary
I've got is not executing because
of some fault in the OS configuration.

Mark

From: Sean
Subject: Re: Ubuntu CLisp binary
How did you get your binary?

I think you should be able to apt-get it from either the standard
repositories, or, at worst, by adding the "universe" repositories (see
the ubuntu wiki for adding repositories).

Maybe I'm missing the crux of your question?

Are you trying to use a version other than the one in the repositories?
In that case, grab the source of clisp, make sure you apt-get the
developer tools for ubuntu (it doesn't have things like gcc and make
installed by default), and do "./configure", "make", "make install", or
whatever the package requires.

Actually, I just followed the link from clips.cons.org to the ubuntu
site and saw the package is available in the universe repository, and
should be what you need.
From: Mark Tarver
> Maybe I'm missing the crux of your question?

No.  It's simple.  I'd like a working binary version
of CLisp under Ubuntu.  I've gone through the
clisp link without any joy.

Mark
From: Sean
enable the universe repository for your ubuntu system:

<code>
sudo nano /etc/apt/source.list
</code>
(and uncomment the lines for the universe repository)
<code>
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install clisp
</code>

that is all you should have to do.

type 'clisp' and you've got it running

You can follow along with the adding repositories howto at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto?highlight=%28repositories%29%7C%28adding%29
instead of my brief description if that is more helpful.
From: Stormcoder
From: Mark Tarver
My Ubuntu is not well configured
to make CLisp.  If you've got it