From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: Masterscope equivalents?
I stumbled across a reference to Masterscope today.

Masterscope was a crossreferencer used on the old Interlisp-D machines
(apologies if this is a gross understatement).

Does anybody know of programs for Symbolics and/or Common Lisp of
similar functionality and ambition?

Christian Lynbech       | christian ··@ defun #\. dk
                                        - ·······@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Masterscope equivalents?
In article <··············@christian-lynbechs-mac-mini.local>,
 Christian Lynbech <·········@defun.dk> wrote:

> I stumbled across a reference to Masterscope today.
>
> Masterscope was a crossreferencer used on the old Interlisp-D machines
> (apologies if this is a gross understatement).
>
> Does anybody know of programs for Symbolics and/or Common Lisp of
> similar functionality and ambition?
>

> ------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
> Christian Lynbech       | christian ··@ defun #\. dk
> ------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
> Hit the philistines three times over the head with the Elisp reference manual.
>                                         - ·······@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)

For those wanting to know more about the InterLisp-D environment
see here:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/xerox/interlisp/3102300_interlDprimer_Nov86.pdf

Lots of it waits to be reinvented (probably badly).

Symbolics Genera uses a so-called who-calls database with similar
purpose.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/