From: samantha
Subject: how do you export a setf function from a package?
I believe this question amounts to what is the symbol for a setf
function.  But perhaps some other means would work.   Setf functions
have the wierd form for use in say funcall of #'(setf whatever).  I
don't see a good means to get a workable symbol for and export.  What
am I missing?

- samantha
From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: how do you export a setf function from a package?
"samantha" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I believe this question amounts to what is the symbol for a setf
> function.  But perhaps some other means would work.   Setf functions
> have the wierd form for use in say funcall of #'(setf whatever).  I
> don't see a good means to get a workable symbol for and export.  What
> am I missing?

Packages deal with symbols, not function names. A setf function named
(SETF FOO) involves two symbols: CL:SETF and YOURPACKAGE:FOO. You only
need to export the latter.

Zah