From: David Wallin
Subject: CLX and XSelectInput
I've searched for something equivalent in CLX to 'XSelectInput' in
Xlib, to no avail, does it exist?
During my googling seesion in search for the above, I discovered
something called xgcl-2. How does this compare to CLX?

cheers,

--david.

From: Alexey Dejneka
Subject: Re: CLX and XSelectInput
"David Wallin" <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I've searched for something equivalent in CLX to 'XSelectInput' in
> Xlib, to no avail, does it exist?

  (create-window ... :event-mask '(:exposure :button-press))

or

  (setf (window-event-mask <window> '(:exposure :button-press)))

--
Regards,
Alexey Dejneka

"Alas, the spheres of truth are less transparent than those of
illusion." -- L.E.J. Brouwer
From: David Wallin
>  (create-window ... :event-mask '(:exposure :button-press))
>
>or
>
>  (setf (window-event-mask <window> '(:exposure :button-press)))

Thanks Alexey,

The first isn't an option, since it's not necessarily my client that
creates the window. The second one could be right though.

What happens if my client performs this on a window created by someone
else? What I'm after is a way to just add my client as being interested
in receiving the events. If that what it does, perfect, but if it
replaces who gets the events, or what events is being sent, then it's
not what I want or what I expected XSelectInput to do.

thanks,

--david.
From: Alexey Dejneka
"David Wallin" <············@gmail.com> writes:

>>  (setf (window-event-mask <window> '(:exposure :button-press)))
[...]
> What happens if my client performs this on a window created by someone
> else? What I'm after is a way to just add my client as being interested
> in receiving the events.

Yes. See for details the first entry from googling for ``clx manual'':

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clxman/12_2_Selecting_Events.html