From: Burton Samograd
Subject: compile-file, slime and line number?
Hi,

I'm getting back into actual lisp development and I'm trying to
install the common lisp music (clm) package using sbcl.  I've gotten a
compile error (in mus.lisp for those that are interested) that I'd
like to figure out how to fix it, but I can't really find it since the
error doesn't seem to provide line numbers for the error.  Is there a
way to get the line number that the error occured on printed?

TIA

--
burton samograd					kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com	www.myspace.com/kruhft	metashell.blogspot.com

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: compile-file, slime and line number?
moving up and down the backtrace/callstack using the arrow-keys, press
`v' when you reach a point that is likely to be in relevant code ..
(remembering that the stack also includes stuff that belongs to slime
and even the lisp-implementation it self) ..   this will open the
relevant file and "highlight" the relevant code ..

--
mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal
From: Burton Samograd
"Lars Rune N�stdal" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> moving up and down the backtrace/callstack using the arrow-keys, press
> `v' when you reach a point that is likely to be in relevant code ..
> (remembering that the stack also includes stuff that belongs to slime
> and even the lisp-implementation it self) ..   this will open the
> relevant file and "highlight" the relevant code ..

It actually turned out to be a different problem than what I thought
initially and I found the solution on the cmdist mailing list.  It was
a problem with the compiler that required a workaround and some code
had to be loaded to patch round-numeric-bound before the files were
compiled, after which everything worked fine.

I've since watched the slime video and learned a lot more than I did
yesterday.  Thanks for the tips.