From: Vagif Verdi
Subject: s-expression coloring plugin for Emacs
Is there a plugin for emacs that can color s-expressions ?
Here's the idea.
Background color of every enclosed s-expression would be a little
darker.
Say like this
(white (white-cream (littel-creamier bla bla)))

That would instantly make reading s-expressions much easier.

Or maybe background colors can circle (white (darker (white (darker
))))

If no such plugin exists, how hard is to make one ?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: s-expression coloring plugin for Emacs
"Vagif Verdi" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a plugin for emacs that can color s-expressions ?
> Here's the idea.
> Background color of every enclosed s-expression would be a little
> darker.
> Say like this
> (white (white-cream (littel-creamier bla bla)))
>
> That would instantly make reading s-expressions much easier.
>
> Or maybe background colors can circle (white (darker (white (darker
> ))))
>
> If no such plugin exists, how hard is to make one ?

Have a look at:
http://lemonodor.com/archives/001207.html

Now, to do exactly what you want inside emacs shouldn't be too difficult.

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this product, in any
manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the
universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is
warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of
the universe.
From: Vagif Verdi
Thx. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
I tried foom and hl-sexp-mode.
Looks cool, but not for everyday work.
I reilized that nothing beats white background + synthax highlighting +
indentation.