From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Lisp group on Last.fm
FYI,

I have created a Lisp group on last.fm.

http://www.last.fm/group/Lisp

If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

"I object to doing things that computers can do." - Olin Shivers

From: Espen Vestre
Subject: Re: Lisp group on Last.fm
Julian Stecklina <················@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> FYI,
>
> I have created a Lisp group on last.fm.

nice - I'll be there!

> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.

First goal: Rise the playcount of The Eternal Flame (God Wrote It
All In Lisp)? ;-)
--
  (espen)
From: Julian Stecklina
Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> writes:

> First goal: Rise the playcount of The Eternal Flame (God Wrote It
> All In Lisp)? ;-)

We need to be 15 people to see charts. ;)

Regards,

From: Bill Atkins
Julian Stecklina <················@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> FYI,
>
> I have created a Lisp group on last.fm.
>
> http://www.last.fm/group/Lisp
>
> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Julian Stecklina
>
> "I object to doing things that computers can do." - Olin Shivers

I've got a Lisp library for submitting songs to Last.fm and a
half-finished GUI that will pull tracks from an iPod.  When I get the
two all de-intertwined and neatened up, is there interest in that?

--
This is a song that took me ten years to live and two years to write.
 - Bob Dylan
From: Julian Stecklina
Bill Atkins <············@rpi.edu> writes:

> I've got a Lisp library for submitting songs to Last.fm and a
> half-finished GUI that will pull tracks from an iPod.  When I get the
> two all de-intertwined and neatened up, is there interest in that?

Of course! It would also be a fun project to develop a fully fledged
audio player in the spirit of AmaroK.

What GUI library is your iPod app using?

Regards,

From: Bill Atkins
Julian Stecklina <················@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> Bill Atkins <············@rpi.edu> writes:
>
>> I've got a Lisp library for submitting songs to Last.fm and a
>> half-finished GUI that will pull tracks from an iPod.  When I get the
>> two all de-intertwined and neatened up, is there interest in that?
>
> Of course! It would also be a fun project to develop a fully fledged
> audio player in the spirit of AmaroK.
>
> What GUI library is your iPod app using?

Ltk.  I'll have the darcs repository on the web towards the end of the
week.  I was unaware there were other Lispers who used Last.fm :)

From: Paolo Amoroso
Bill Atkins <············@rpi.edu> writes:

> week.  I was unaware there were other Lispers who used Last.fm :)

See:

  CLIM Front-End to Last.fm
  http://lemonodor.com/archives/001036.html

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: Burton Samograd
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:

> Bill Atkins <············@rpi.edu> writes:
>
>> week.  I was unaware there were other Lispers who used Last.fm :)

Yup, I've been on there for a while as a user and artist having
uploaded some of my music to thier radio streaming service.  Haven't
checked it for a while though, their site doesn't like w3m much...

--
burton samograd					kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com	www.myspace.com/kruhft	metashell.blogspot.com
From: Thomas Schilling
Julian Stecklina wrote:
> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^
I *totally* fail to see *any* relation here.

Well .. maybe .. hm .. Ok no, nothing .. Not a clue ..
From: Julian Stecklina
Thomas Schilling <······@yahoo.de> writes:

> Julian Stecklina wrote:
>> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^
> I *totally* fail to see *any* relation here.
>
> Well .. maybe .. hm .. Ok no, nothing .. Not a clue ..

"Groups are sub-communities that share a common interest."
(from the last.fm site)

I guess the interest in Lisp (and music, since without that you
obviously would not be using last.fm) qualifies for a group as well. Not
to mention that there are such groups as: "RubyOnRails" or "horse
riders" ...

Regards,

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Thomas Schilling <······@yahoo.de> writes:

> Julian Stecklina wrote:
>> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^
> I *totally* fail to see *any* relation here.
>
> Well .. maybe .. hm .. Ok no, nothing .. Not a clue ..

But the intersection is not empty: Common Music, for example.
http://www.cliki.net/admin/search?words=music

We could have a comp.lang.lisp.music subgroup.  Personnally, I'd be
more tempted to join it, newsreaders give me less work than
webbrowsers...

CAUTION: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of
85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.
From: Burton Samograd
Pascal Bourguignon <···@informatimago.com> writes:

> Thomas Schilling <······@yahoo.de> writes:
>
>> Julian Stecklina wrote:
>>> If you love music, lisp, and last.fm feel free to join.
>>               ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> I *totally* fail to see *any* relation here.
>>
>> Well .. maybe .. hm .. Ok no, nothing .. Not a clue ..
>
> But the intersection is not empty: Common Music, for example.
> http://www.cliki.net/admin/search?words=music
>
> We could have a comp.lang.lisp.music subgroup.  Personnally, I'd be
> more tempted to join it, newsreaders give me less work than
> webbrowsers...

I would be all over that.  One of the reason's I've been moving over
to lisp for the past couple years is so I can use something like CLM
and CM.  If anybody can, let's set it up.

From: Espen Vestre
Pascal Bourguignon <···@informatimago.com> writes:

> We could have a comp.lang.lisp.music subgroup.  Personnally, I'd be
> more tempted to join it, newsreaders give me less work than
> webbrowsers...

Sure, but Last.fm primary purpose isn't really discussion groups, but
getting to know new music, by exploring the music profiles of your
"musical neighbours" and by listening to profile-generated internet
radio.

And now that we are > 15 Last.FM lispers, we will soon get our group
"hit list" :-)
--
  (espen)
From: Julian Stecklina
Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> writes:

> Sure, but Last.fm primary purpose isn't really discussion groups, but
> getting to know new music, by exploring the music profiles of your
> "musical neighbours" and by listening to profile-generated internet
> radio.

ACK.

> And now that we are > 15 Last.FM lispers, we will soon get our group
> "hit list" :-)

That was my initial goal. Yay! Btw, if someone wants to post to the group's
journal, drop me (boelthorn) a message or mail me and I'll set the
appropriate permissions.

Regards,

From: Paolo Amoroso
Pascal Bourguignon <···@informatimago.com> writes:

> We could have a comp.lang.lisp.music subgroup.  Personnally, I'd be

By the way, see also:

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/music

Paolo
From: Burton Samograd
Julian Stecklina <················@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> http://www.last.fm/group/Lisp

Just a note, but you put #list instead of #lisp in the group
description.

From: Julian Stecklina
Burton Samograd <············@gmail.com> writes:

> Julian Stecklina <················@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> writes:
>
>> http://www.last.fm/group/Lisp
>
> Just a note, but you put #list instead of #lisp in the group
> description.

Just a trick to see who is actually reading this... Fixed.

Regards,