From: Jonathon McKitrick
Subject: Time to ask again: authentication on araneida
Has anyone done secure, form based (rather than http auth based)
authentication on araneida?

I'm using the http authentication popup method, but I'd really like to
get a smoother transition working if possible.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Re: Time to ask again: authentication on araneida
"Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Has anyone done secure, form based (rather than http auth based)
> authentication on araneida?
>
> I'm using the http authentication popup method, but I'd really like to
> get a smoother transition working if possible.

Yes, my guess is that most araneida users have.  Open source is
another matter.  The need for such things is generally for commercial
systems, so I'd imagine most implementations would be commercial.