From: WoodHacker
Subject: Compilation unit aborted error
I writing lisp code that uses a lot of CLX.    Whenever I try to put up
a dialog box that requires an icon, I get the following error:
Compilation unit aborted. Caught 1 fatal error condition.   After
printing the error at the console, it apparently tries again.    It may
fail a couple more times and then works perfectly.     In every case it
ends up working perfectly.    The only problem is this crazy error that
I can not seem to pinpoint other than to narrow it down to it happens
when adding an icon to a button in a dialog box.   The really crazy
part is that it ONLY happens the first time the code is compiled.    If
I exit out of my program and rerun it, the error does not occur.   If I
make a change, recompile, and rerun, the error does not occur.    Only
if I exit SBCL, wipe everything out, and start over do I get the error
- and just the first time.

I'm running SBCL 0.9.4 in Gentoo Linux.     I have a feeling the error
has something to do with SBCL, but I'm not conversant enough with the
workings of the compiler to figure it out.    I realize that is a VERY
vague error, but if anyone has seen anything like it and can shed some
light on what's going on, I would greatly appreciate it.

Bill