From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: What's really great about Seaside
Although I initially looked at Seaside because it used continuations, what
really sets it apart for me is the level of interactivity available on the
client side to shape applications.

The two things that stand out are halos and browsers.  Basically one has a
smalltalk environment available from the web browser to inspect, edit,
and create objects and methods.

No matter how much low level stuff is handled by the existing Lisp
frameworks (flow control, javascript generation, etc), development always
ends up feeling like a glorified edit-compile-run cycle.

I realize that most Lisp frameworks aren't as mature as Seaside.  But web
development in Lisp still doesn't seem.... well, especially Lisp-y.

Peter Seibel's Ajax Listener seems like a step in the right direction, but
there is a long way to go.

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you can
 explain it to your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.