From: Jonathon McKitrick
Subject: MD5 result -> ascii conversion
If I run MD5 on a string, how can I convert the resulting array of
bytes to a string that can be returned in http?

From: sross
Subject: Re: MD5 result -> ascii conversion
Hi,
  you can convert between byte arrays and strings using
  ironclad:ascii-string-to-byte-array and
ironclad:byte-array-to-hex-string

Cheers.
From: Jonathon McKitrick
sross wrote:
> Hi,
>   you can convert between byte arrays and strings using
>   ironclad:ascii-string-to-byte-array and
> ironclad:byte-array-to-hex-string

That's what I was looking for, thanks!
From: Zach Beane
"Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> If I run MD5 on a string, how can I convert the resulting array of
> bytes to a string that can be returned in http?

This is *also* specified in RFC 2617, section 3.1.3. It's really worth
reading!

Zach
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> If I run MD5 on a string, how can I convert the resulting array of
> bytes to a string that can be returned in http?

Are you sure you want characters?  HTTP is binary protocol.

CONSUMER NOTICE: Because of the "uncertainty principle," it is
impossible for the consumer to simultaneously know both the precise
location and velocity of this product.
From: R. Mattes
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:15:33 +0200, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> "Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
>> If I run MD5 on a string, how can I convert the resulting array of
>> bytes to a string that can be returned in http?
>
> Are you sure you want characters?  HTTP is binary protocol.

Are you shure?  HTTP is _partially_ binary, the request string
needs to be 7bit and the HTTP header needs to conform to the
MIME header RFC ...

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes