From: Masako Omata
Subject: Half-Day Lisp Seminar in Tokyo, Japan
Half-Day Lisp Seminar in Tokyo, Japan

            March 27, 2006
*********************************

Mathematical System Inc. and Franz Inc. are jointly sponsoring a half-day
seminar on March 27, 2006, in Tokyo, Japan.  Lectures include:

Scalable RDF Triple Store
---------------------
We will demonstrate a pre release of the AllegroGraph 64-bit RDF
TripleStore. The flexibility of RDF makes it suitable to represent a wide
range of structured or unstructured knowledge. Real-world applications can
scale to millions or even billions RDF triples, which makes processing
difficult by normal means.

The AllegroGraph RDF TripleStore? loads, stores, and queries RDF triples
stunningly fast. Load time surpasses 10,000 triples per seconds even beyond
200 million triples. We will show how AllegroGraph can do full RDF(S)
reasoning and quering using ACL's Prolog but we will also show how you can
do interesting Graph algorithms that are not related to RD in any way.

How to Make Your Lisp Application Faster
----------------------------------
We demonstrate how to optimize Lisp code, focusing on the Allegro
Runtime Analyzer.  The Runtime Analyzer reveals exactly where the
program is spending time and can uncover both intrinsic algorithmic
inefficiencies and coding inefficiencies.  Algorithmic inefficiency
can be eliminated (just as with any other language) only by changing
algorithms.  Coding inefficiency can be eliminated by changes in
coding details.  We will show examples of both, and show how to use
features such as type declarations, speed/safety declarations,
compiler macros, and load-time evaluation.  For both kinds of
efficiency, the Runtime Analyzer allows you to focus only on those
portions of a large application that need attention

Building a Portal Site with Allegro Common Lisp
---------------------------------------
Using a live example, we'll show you how to build a portal site with Allegro
Common Lisp.

<DATE/TIME>

1:30pm - 5pm, March 27 (Monday), 2006

<SCHEDULE>

1:30pm-3:30pm: Scalable RDF Triple Store
                        (by Jans Aasman, Ph.D., Franz Inc.)

3:30pm-4:30pm: How to Make Your Lisp Application Faster
                        (by Steve Haflich, Franz Inc.)

4:30pm-5:00pm: Building a Portal Site with Allegro CL
                        (by Hisao Kuroda, Mathematcial System Inc.)

<LOCATION>
Mathematical System Inc., Tokyo, Japan
http://www.msi.co.jp/msi/location_en.html

<REGISTRATION FEES>    Free!