From: AndersPE
Subject: UI and CLISP
Hi!
I am thinking on writing som program i LISP (CLISP) but the problem is
that i whant to write a GUI-based program (first stop is Windows
version).

What i am looking for is a easy way like Java have,
(i don't want solution with javaserver etc. i like to produce a
standalone file that a easy can givet to other).

The problem is that this exists Allergro CL and LispWorks but the
problem is that i an planning to give my program away for free (a hobby
project) and i don't have mony to spend on developmenttool.

The sad part is that i have found this in PORLOG (swi-prolog) / in Java
(NetBeans) / In C# (CsharpDeveloper), in Scheme (drScheme) but not in
LISP and this is sad becurse i start liking LISP.

Any ide, any links ......

// ANders

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: UI and CLISP
AndersPE wrote:
> Hi!
> I am thinking on writing som program i LISP (CLISP) but the problem is
> that i whant to write a GUI-based program (first stop is Windows
> version).
>
> What i am looking for is a easy way like Java have,
> (i don't want solution with javaserver etc. i like to produce a
> standalone file that a easy can givet to other).
>
> The problem is that this exists Allergro CL and LispWorks but the
> problem is that i an planning to give my program away for free (a hobby
> project) and i don't have mony to spend on developmenttool.
>
> The sad part is that i have found this in PORLOG (swi-prolog) / in Java
> (NetBeans) / In C# (CsharpDeveloper), in Scheme (drScheme) but not in
> LISP and this is sad becurse i start liking LISP.

Chop the end off the link in my sig to get to c-l.net and look around.
LTk and Cells-Gtk will work for you, and there is a new Graphics-forms
project that is win32-only.

kt

"And I will know my song well before I start singing."  - Bob Dylan
From: Thomas F. Burdick
"AndersPE" <················@telia.com> writes:

> Hi!
> I am thinking on writing som program i LISP (CLISP) but the problem is
> that i whant to write a GUI-based program (first stop is Windows
> version).

Ltk is the easiest way to a GUI on Common Lisp.  Check it out:
http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"AndersPE" <················@telia.com> writes:

> Hi!
> I am thinking on writing som program i LISP (CLISP) but the problem is
> that i whant to write a GUI-based program (first stop is Windows
> version).

What I like is X, so I'd use a X server on MS-Windows and clx from
clisp.  There are a number of toolkits, like Garnet.  The big plus is,
then your program will work the same on MacOSX (X11.app) and on unix.

Some don't like that.  Then you can try Ltk.

> What i am looking for is a easy way like Java have,
> (i don't want solution with javaserver etc. i like to produce a
> standalone file that a easy can givet to other).

ext:saveinitmem now has a :executable flag.

You can also use clisp ffi to call directly MS-Windows GUI routines.

"Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it!
Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!"
From: Frank Buss
Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> You can also use clisp ffi to call directly MS-Windows GUI routines.

I suggest to use CFFI, then it works without changes in CLISP, LispWorks
and maybe other implementations, like the windows bindings of the Common
Lisp Application Builder project:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lispbuilder/trunk/lispbuilder-windows/documentation/index.html

Maybe the GUI Eval example can be enhanced to a full platform independent
GUI library with native controls, like wxWidgets provides for C++.

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de