From: goose
Subject: Orphan project
Hello all

I posted here a little while ago about my cunning plan to use
wish from within clisp to get a functional gui (I have since
found ltk, as mentioned by another poster here).

Sadly, I am still untrained in the art of lisp programming,
and my "project" is a little bit of a mess, with only
sporadic documentation.

I would like to give it away (GPL preferably, although I'm
receptive to any other licence a potential adopter may
be interested in) in its current form, which is barely
working (although it does allow one to do a fair amount
of basic gui-goodness).

It's a mere 650 lines or thereabouts which includes a small
test of most of the widgets; is anyone interested in hosting
such a tiny file? Its served its purpose admirably as
a project to learn the basics of lisp, but I now feel the
need to shell out for lispworks (or similar - I'm interested
in any cross-platform lisp which can do native gui widgets
so feel free to plug your favourite product (free($), free(libre)
or otherwise).

I've checked common-lisp.net, but methinks my project is not
yet polished enough to join their ranks.

Alternatively, I can post it here and put it in the public
domain, but I suspect that no one who *might* be interested
in it will ever find it again (lost in all the other postings).

What is this groups stance regarding posting a (non-attachment)
650 line file?

Thanks in advance,
goose

(I have a feeling, after first attempting to learn lisp
6 months ago, that I am always going to be a newbie at it;
theres simply too much for me to swallow as I am studying
part-time (full-time last year), working full-time and
attempting to branch out into my own business the moment
I can; I've only been able to spend an hour a week or so
on playing with lisp :-().

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Orphan project
goose wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I posted here a little while ago about my cunning plan to use
> wish from within clisp to get a functional gui (I have since
> found ltk, as mentioned by another poster here).
>
> Sadly, I am still untrained in the art of lisp programming,
> and my "project" is a little bit of a mess, with only
> sporadic documentation.
>
> I would like to give it away (GPL preferably, although I'm
> receptive to any other licence a potential adopter may
> be interested in) in its current form, which is barely
> working (although it does allow one to do a fair amount
> of basic gui-goodness).

With LTk and now my Celtk (+ Cells LTk) to give a declarative feel to
LTk, and LTk actively and eagerly supported, it might be hard finding a
home for your baby.

> It's a mere 650 lines or thereabouts which includes a small
> test of most of the widgets; is anyone interested in hosting
> such a tiny file? Its served its purpose admirably as
> a project to learn the basics of lisp, but I now feel the
> need to shell out for lispworks (or similar - I'm interested
> in any cross-platform lisp which can do native gui widgets
> so feel free to plug your favourite product (free($), free(libre)
> or otherwise).

You really should check out LTk or even Celtk. Even if you get
Lispworks, which is a good idea in itself.

kt

"And I will know my song well before I start singing."  - Bob Dylan
From: Paolo Amoroso
goose <·····@webmail.co.za> writes:

> I would like to give it away (GPL preferably, although I'm
[...]
> It's a mere 650 lines or thereabouts which includes a small
> test of most of the widgets; is anyone interested in hosting
> such a tiny file? Its served its purpose admirably as

You may post the code to this mailing list, which is currently offline
due to technical problems:

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/web-sites/small-cl-src
  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/web-sites/small-cl-src-discuss

You may also submit your code to the CL Directory as an HTML document:

  http://www.cl-user.net

An appropriate tag would be "Code Snippets":

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/code-snippets

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film