From: bradb
Subject: Verrazano vs SWIG : Binding generators
I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts on the good and bad
points of each from someone who has used both.  It looks like Verrazano
development has dried up quite a bit.  The SWIG backend for CFFI is
new, but I know that SWIG has a large community.
So, which generates nicer (fewer warnings/errors) binding code?  Which
is easier to use?  Other random comments? :)

Cheers
Brad
From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Verrazano vs SWIG : Binding generators
bradb wrote:
> I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts on the good and bad
> points of each from someone who has used both.  It looks like Verrazano
> development has dried up quite a bit.  The SWIG backend for CFFI is
> new, but I know that SWIG has a large community.
> So, which generates nicer (fewer warnings/errors) binding code?  Which
> is easier to use?  Other random comments? :)

All signs indicate that Verrazano has been abandoned by its sole
developer. Worth picking up by someone else? I do not know, because I do
not know SWIG.

ken

"And I will know my song well before I start singing."  - Bob Dylan