From: Mark Carter
Subject: ANN conmc2: Windows console functions + lisp bindings
conmc provides a DLL and CLISP and Corman Lisp FFI wrapper to the following
console-related functions:
clrscr
gotoxy
textbackground
textcolor
wherex
wherey
A palette of 16 standard colours is also defined.

CLISP and Corman Lisp example, C source code and compiled DLL is provided.
For more information, including download details, visit:
http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/freeware/conmc/conmc.htm

Windows platform is supported, and none other. Released into the Public
Domain
as far as possible.

From: Timofei Shatrov
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +0000, Mark Carter <··@privacy.net> tried
to confuse everyone with this message:

>conmc provides a DLL and CLISP and Corman Lisp FFI wrapper to the following
>console-related functions:
>clrscr
>gotoxy
>textbackground
>textcolor
>wherex
>wherey
>A palette of 16 standard colours is also defined.
>
>CLISP and Corman Lisp example, C source code and compiled DLL is provided.
>For more information, including download details, visit:
>http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/freeware/conmc/conmc.htm
>
>Windows platform is supported, and none other. Released into the Public
>Domain
>as far as possible.

That's quite cool. I used another approach to write console applications
in CL: I wrote a C program that acts like a console and CL program that
connects to C program through sockets. C program uses PDCurses for
displaying stuff. You can see the result at
http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/rouge.htm. I got reports that it
works really slow on some computers. Some direct interface to PDCurses
would be really nice.

--
|(except for ending slavery,  ||mail: grue at mail.ru ================ |
|   fascism and communism)    ||============= http://grue3.tripod.com  |
From: Mark Carter
Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +0000, Mark Carter <··@privacy.net> tried
> to confuse everyone with this message:

>>conmc provides a DLL and CLISP and Corman Lisp FFI wrapper to the following
>>console-related functions:

> That's quite cool.

Many thanks. Some time ago I remember looking for such functionality,
and was basically told "why would you want to do that", seeings as how
CLISP already had some screen functionality.

But now what I've got also works in Corman - which I purchased last year
after some soul-searching as to whether I really wanted to delve into
Common Lisp further (I'm still a rank noob at it).

Another thing I'm working on is an md5 DLL that I intend to link in
Corman to do some fingerprinting of directories. I used Pelles C to
create the DLL - and it's fairly straightforward. I couldn't find any
md5 CL libs that worked with Corman, and it was difficult finding a md5
DLL that were free and had the header files.  It turned out to be just
plain easier to write my own one by hacking some publically-available C
code. I can see myself using this technique more and more in the future.

> I used another approach to write console applications
> in CL: I wrote a C program that acts like a console and CL program that
> connects to C program through sockets. C program uses PDCurses for
> displaying stuff. You can see the result at
> http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/rouge.htm. I got reports that it
> works really slow on some computers.

I gave the game a try - and it worked fine. Good stuff!

> Some direct interface to PDCurses
> would be really nice.

I onced tried to compile PDCurses , but gave up in frustration. Another
prime candidate for being turned into a DLL.
From: ········@gmail.com
Mark Carter wrote:

> I onced tried to compile PDCurses , but gave up in frustration.

When did you try it? If it was pre-2.7, you might want to try again --
the build process has been cleaned up a lot.
From: Mark Carter
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Mark Carter wrote:
>

>>I onced tried to compile PDCurses , but gave up in frustration.
>

> When did you try it?

Quite some time ago.

If it was pre-2.7, you might want to try again --
> the build process has been cleaned up a lot.

I had a quick look through Google, and yes, things do seem to have improved.

Many thanks.