From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for March
Hi all,

Here's the meeting notice for the lispvan March meeting:

Topic: DSL's and Lisp Work
Presenter: Coby Beck
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2006
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver
Language for describing the user requirements of a database
application. He'll also describe (with no regard for the line between
the intention and the reality ;) the process whereby this language is
processed and an application (complete with documentation and
installation scripts) is generated.

He will preface the topic with the tale of how he came to be working
with (and on) this application, while living in Vancouver and working
for a company in Tasmania, Australia. This will be an interesting story
about how he managed to land one Lisp job after another in a world of
Java and C#.

Additional details are available on my blog:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/060309.html

Mark your calendars & I'll see you on March 23rd!

--
Bill Clementson

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for March
Hi all,

Just a reminder that  the Vancouver Lisp User Group (lispvan) meeting
will be held tomorrow evening (Thursday, March 23rd).

--
Bill Clementson

From: justinhj
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a reminder that  the Vancouver Lisp User Group (lispvan) meeting
> will be held tomorrow evening (Thursday, March 23rd).
> Bill Clementson

Sounds great, I only wish I still lived in the area!

Is anyone recording or filming the talk?

Justin
From: ········@gmail.com
> Sounds great, I only wish I still lived in the area!

> Is anyone recording or filming the talk?

We try to record the lispvan talks (conditions permitting) . Assuming
no technical difficulties, I'll be posting a link and summary after the
meeting.

--
Bill Clementson
From: ········@gmail.com
Hi all,

I've posted a summary (and movie) of last night's lispvan meeting on my
blog:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/060323.html

--
Bill Clementson
From: justinhj
Cool

Certainly is nice to hear a real person talking about real lisp
applications.

One question, why isn't he using slime/emacs? ;-)

Justin
From: ········@gmail.com
> Cool

> Certainly is nice to hear a real person talking about real lisp
> applications.

> One question, why isn't he using slime/emacs? ;-)

I assume he prefers the LispWorks editor/environment.

--
Bill
From: justinhj
········@gmail.com wrote:
> > Cool
>
> > Certainly is nice to hear a real person talking about real lisp
> > applications.
>
> > One question, why isn't he using slime/emacs? ;-)
>
> I assume he prefers the LispWorks editor/environment.
>
> --
> Bill

Certainly a good enough reason. I was half joking ;-)

Is the GUI stuff all done using lispworks' Capi?

Justin