From: N.
Subject: XML Library for GCL
Hi,

I am using GNU Common Lisp and I was wondering if there is a XML
Library that can parse
XML files into a list like structure and vice-versa (i.e. write a list
like structure back as XML
file).

Thanks,

N.

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: XML Library for GCL
On 9 Mar 2006 13:06:14 -0800, "N." <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using GNU Common Lisp and I was wondering if there is a XML
> Library that can parse XML files into a list like structure and
> vice-versa (i.e. write a list like structure back as XML file).

Here are some places to start:

  <http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/XML>
  <http://www.cliki.net/XML>

You'll find lots of libraries that'll work with the most popular
Common Lisp implementations.  GCL is not one of them, though.  If you
don't have a specific reason to stick with it, you might want to
switch to, say, SBCL, CMUCL, CLISP, OpenMCL, LispWorks, or AllegroCL.

--

European Common Lisp Meeting 2006: <http://weitz.de/eclm2006/>

From: N.
Isn't GCL and CLISP the same?

I downloaded the LISP from http://clisp.cons.org/ and that directs you
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/ which is the GNU website.

The version I have is made by Bruno Haible and Sam Steingold.
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"N." <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> Isn't GCL and CLISP the same?
>
> I downloaded the LISP from http://clisp.cons.org/ and that directs you
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/ which is the GNU website.
>
> The version I have is made by Bruno Haible and Sam Steingold.

They are both GNU programs, but they're not the same.

clisp has an interpreter and a bytecode compiler + a virtual machine.

gcl has a compiler to C source and use gcc as backend compiler to
generate native code.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The entire physical universe,
including this product, may one day collapse back into an
infinitesimally small space. Should another universe subsequently
re-emerge, the existence of this product in that universe cannot be
guaranteed.