From: ······················@spamgourmet.com
Subject: asdf cl-prevalence newbie question
I'm trying unsuccessfully to asdf-install cl-prevalence.

My OS is WinXP Pro sp 2.  My compiler is LispWorks Personal Edition
4.4.6.

The command I'm using is:

(asdf-install:install :cl-prevalence)

Asdf seems to do the download and some of the compiling ok.  When it
gets to compiling debug-prevalence.lisp, I get the following error
message:

 Compiling file
c:\lisp\asdf-install\site\cl-prevalence\src\debug-prevalence.lisp ...
;;; Safety = 3, Speed = 1, Space = 1, Float = 1, Interruptible = 0
;;; Compilation speed = 1, Debug = 2, Fixnum safety = 3
;;; Source level debugging is on
;;; Source file recording is  on
;;; Cross referencing is on
; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 1)
; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 2)

Error: S-XML:ECHO-XML does not exist at all.
  1 (continue) Create symbol.
  2 Try reading the next form.
  3 Try compiling
c:\lisp\asdf-install\site\cl-prevalence\src\debug-prevalence.lisp
again.
  4 Skip compiling
c:\lisp\asdf-install\site\cl-prevalence\src\debug-prevalence.lisp.
  5 Retry performing #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL 219DBF44> on
    #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "debug-prevalence" 219818DC>.
  6 Continue, treating #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL 219DBF44>
    on
    #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "debug-prevalence" 219818DC>
    as having been successful.
  7 Retry installation
  8 (abort) Return to level 0.
  9 Return to top loop level 0.

Type :b for backtrace, :c <option number> to proceed,  or :? for other
options

This error message appears to be correct.  When I check in
debug-prevalence.lisp there's a call to s-xml:echo-xml in the defun of
print-transaction-log.  The package s-xml is defined by the files in
the asdf directory s-xml/src/.  There is no reference to echo-xml in
these files.

As I'm new to lisp I don't want to start hacking these files to fix the
problem.  Are there newer versions of either of these asdfs?  If so,
how do I get them?