From: AlexRudyk
Subject: The best book for newbie
Hello

I am looking for Lisp book with exercises for newbie in Lisp. Could you
suggest some books?

Thanks

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: The best book for newbie
I like Practical Common Lisp, but it does not have exercises.

I bet there are other books (for any programming language) freely
available online with exercises & solutions that you could use for
testing yorself.

--
mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal
From: Hrvoje Blazevic
AlexRudyk wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am looking for Lisp book with exercises for newbie in Lisp. Could you
> suggest some books?
>
> Thanks

Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation, by  David S.
Touretzky.

This is probably the best introductory book for a total Lisp/functional
programming newbie. After this one you can tackle Paul Graham's books.

The book is out of print, but is downloadable at:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/LispBook/index.html

-- Hrvoje