From: Robert Bralic
Subject: Any LISP/Scheme free implementation with SQL connection for Windows...???
Hi,

Is there any free LISP or Scheme
implementation with SQL connection
for Windows/ORACLE....

Thanks in advance, Robert...!!!
·············@si.t-com.hr

From: Eric Lavigne
> Is there any free LISP or Scheme
> implementation with SQL connection
> for Windows/ORACLE....
>
> Thanks in advance, Robert...!!!
> ·············@si.t-com.hr

google: "common lisp" sql

First hit is a library that provides what you need for a variety of
databases and a variety of CL implementations.
From: R. Mattes
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:53:15 -0800, Eric Lavigne wrote:

>> Is there any free LISP or Scheme
>> implementation with SQL connection
>> for Windows/ORACLE....
>>
>> Thanks in advance, Robert...!!!
>> ·············@si.t-com.hr
>
> google: "common lisp" sql
>
> First hit is a library that provides what you need for a variety of
> databases and a variety of CL implementations.

Funny, first hit _i_ get is CLSQ which supports "... AllegroCL, Lispworks,
SBCL, CMUCL, and OpenMCL".

Now, what does:

 (mapcar #'(lambda (imp)
              (and (free-p imp)
                   (has-uffi-on-windows imp)))
         ('AllegroCL 'Lispworks 'SBCL 'CMUCL 'OpenMCL))

evaluate to?

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello 'Robert)
(you :wrote  :on '(Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:36:56 +0100))
(

 RB> Is there any free LISP or Scheme
 RB> implementation with SQL connection
 RB> for Windows/ORACLE....

you can do it with ABCL, for example -- since there's good java ffi, and
java has bindings to sql..

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: ······@gmail.com
You might want to try plain-odbc via asdf (see
http://common-lisp.net/project/plain-odbc/).  This one worked well for
me with CLisp on Windows XP.  You might want to take a look at the
connection strings for Oracle under http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

CLisp comes with an Oracle OCI interface, however, it's not compiled
into the Windows version as far as I understand.

Code looks like this (note that this one is for MS SQL Server, though):

;;; Connect to an MS SQL Server and query some information.
;;; Before usage, load plain-odbc:
;;;(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :plain-odbc)

(defvar *connection* nil)

(defun sql-connect (host &optional (port 1433) (user "sa") (password
"sa"))
  (setf *connection*
	(plain-odbc:connect-generic :driver "{SQL Server}"
				    :network "tcp"
				    :server (format nil "~A,~A" host port)
				    :uid user :pwd password)))

(defun sql-version ()
  ;; Result from SQL query is (("version information") ("")).  We are
only interested in the string, thus the caar
  (caar (plain-odbc:exec-query *connection* "select @@version")))

HTH,
  K-Wizzz
From: Joerg Hoehle
"Robert Bralic" <···········@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> Is there any free LISP or Scheme
> implementation with SQL connection
> for Windows/ORACLE....

CLISP has two of them:

1. CLISP comes with an Oracle driver written by John K. Hinsdale
   (although I can't remember whether it was tested outside Linux).

2. CLISP with CLSQL with my UFFI wrappers
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1028683&group_id=1355&atid=301355

See www.cliki.net/CLSQL and www.cliki.net/UFFI

I tested my UFFI wrappers with clsql on both Linux (postgres) and
MS-Windows (ODBC).  Others are using Oracle with clsql, so I'd expect
little problems on MS-Windows (via ODBC).

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle
Telekom/T-Systems Technology Center