From: Aleksandr Skobelev
Subject: Common Lisp Identation in Emacs
Hello!

I'm just wondering, if I'm totally wrong or the lisp identation in Emacs
by default doesn't meet very well to requirements of CL style and all the
co-lispers use clisp-indent.el (or maybe something like) to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandr

From: Russell McManus
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Identation in Emacs
Aleksandr Skobelev <···········@list.ru> writes:

> I'm just wondering, if I'm totally wrong or the lisp identation in
> Emacs by default doesn't meet very well to requirements of CL style
> and all the co-lispers use clisp-indent.el (or maybe something like)
> to fix this?

From my init file:

(defun rdm-lisp-mode-hook ()
  (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)
  (local-set-key (kbd "[") 'insert-parentheses)
  (slime-mode t))
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'rdm-lisp-mode-hook)

-russ
From: Aleksandr Skobelev
Russell McManus <···············@yahoo.com> writes:

> Aleksandr Skobelev <···········@list.ru> writes:
>
>> I'm just wondering, if I'm totally wrong or the lisp identation in
>> Emacs by default doesn't meet very well to requirements of CL style
>> and all the co-lispers use clisp-indent.el (or maybe something like)
>> to fix this?
>
> From my init file:
>
> (defun rdm-lisp-mode-hook ()
>   (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)
>   (local-set-key (kbd "[") 'insert-parentheses)
>   (slime-mode t))
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'rdm-lisp-mode-hook)
>
> -russ

But without (load-library "clisp-indent") standard
common-lisp-indent-function still indents some forms improperly. For
example it indents

(function plus (lambda (x y)
                 (+ x y)))

as

(function plus (lambda (x y)
  (+ x y)))

, and
(cond
  ((cond1)
    (form1)
    (form2)
    (form3)))

as

(cond
  ((cond1)
   (form1)
   (form2)
   (form3)))
From: Petter Gustad
Aleksandr Skobelev <···········@list.ru> writes:

> I'm just wondering, if I'm totally wrong or the lisp identation in Emacs
> by default doesn't meet very well to requirements of CL style and all the
> co-lispers use clisp-indent.el (or maybe something like) to fix this?

(setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?