From: Simon Brooke
Subject: XSL transformation engine in CL?
It should be fairly obvious and straightforward, but... has anyone built
one? If so, under what license and where? If not, anyone want to help me
try?

--
·····@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
                ;; Generally Not Used

From: Joerg Hoehle
Subject: Re: XSL transformation engine in CL?
Simon Brooke <·····@jasmine.org.uk> writes:

> It should be fairly obvious and straightforward, but... has anyone built
> one?

One approach maybe to look at the Scheme code from SXML and SXPath
(Oleg et al.). It's purely functional code (no call/cc) thus easily
translated to CL (either by hand or mechanically).

Using SXML, I've written "XML" (SXML) transformations (in Scheme) on
sexp-based trees (representing XML).  Afterwards, I generated a file
with regular XML syntax for the customers.

Another approach is to grep cliki and the cl-gardeners project for XML
libraries...

	Jorg Hohle
Telekom/T-Systems Technology Center
From: ········@gmail.com
Simon wrote:
>It should be fairly obvious and straightforward, but... has anyone built
>[an XSL transformation engine in CL?]? If so, under what license and where? If not, anyone want to help me
>try?

it might be easier just to generate stylesheets with lisp

Nick
From: Simon Brooke
in message <························@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
········@gmail.com (·········@gmail.com') wrote:

> Simon wrote:
>>It should be fairly obvious and straightforward, but... has anyone
>>built
>>[an XSL transformation engine in CL?]? If so, under what license and
>>[where? If not, anyone want to help me
>>try?
>
> it might be easier just to generate stylesheets with lisp

Yup, probably would be. It would probably also be quicker. However, XSL
is a standard language which has the great benefit of totally separating
presentation from logic, and I like the idea of being certain that the
people who put the pretty bits on the front can't mess too much with
what's going on underneath. Also, having not done much LISP for a _very_
long time, it's a fairly straightforward thing to get to grips with - a
recursive-descent pattern matcher on SEXPRs.

--
·····@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
;; Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck