From: Benjamin Teuber
Subject: Which Lisp for a Go-Client?
We're just (re-)starting to design an open source Go-Server
(http://senseis.xmp.net/?UGS, pages out of date - e.g. they still talk
about using an ugly language starting with J..).
To my surprise, it looks like the others could agree on CL as language
for it.

Now we are looking for an/a few implementation(s) and a set of libraries
to start with - for my work, I use Allegro, but we would need a free
Lisp, where I don't have any experiences.

Other constraints are:
-web communication over sockets
-a graphical client will be needed (shouldn't look too ugly)
-clients should work for Win, Mac and Linux (not necessarily the same
one, but we want to reuse as much code as possible)

For the GUI, my ideas would be around GTK, native stuff like
Windows-Form (better look, but three times work) or even some
Java-Swing-Complilation.

For using almost the same web-stuff-code in Lisps under three OSs, I
don't have a single clue..

Regards,
Ben