From: Rob Thorpe
Subject: Re: lisp comparisons
·····················@googlemail.com wrote:
> Vagif Verdi schrieb:
> > There's only 1 opensource lisp in windows - clisp and it is
> > single-threaded.
>
> Wrong. There is also ECL, which works natively in windows, can produce
> multithreaded applications, can be embedded in complex C/C++ programs
> and produces standalone executables
>    http://ecls.sourceforge.net
> ECL builds with Mingw32, Cygwin or Microsoft Visual C++

GCL is also available on Windows, though that port is not particularly
pleasant.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/gclwin.html

From: Camm Maguire
Greetings!

"Rob Thorpe" <·············@antenova.com> writes:

> ·····················@googlemail.com wrote:
> > Vagif Verdi schrieb:
> > > There's only 1 opensource lisp in windows - clisp and it is
> > > single-threaded.
> >
> > Wrong. There is also ECL, which works natively in windows, can produce
> > multithreaded applications, can be embedded in complex C/C++ programs
> > and produces standalone executables
> >    http://ecls.sourceforge.net
> > ECL builds with Mingw32, Cygwin or Microsoft Visual C++
>
> GCL is also available on Windows, though that port is not particularly
> pleasant.
>
> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/gclwin.html

GCL has built with mingw for some time now too.  Support is native in
the shipped sources.

Take care,
--
Camm Maguire			     			····@enhanced.com
From: Rob Thorpe
Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> "Rob Thorpe" <·············@antenova.com> writes:
>
> > ·····················@googlemail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Wrong. There is also ECL, which works natively in windows, can produce
> > > multithreaded applications, can be embedded in complex C/C++ programs
> > > and produces standalone executables
> > >    http://ecls.sourceforge.net
> > > ECL builds with Mingw32, Cygwin or Microsoft Visual C++
> >
> > GCL is also available on Windows, though that port is not particularly
> > pleasant.
> >
> > http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/gclwin.html
> >

> GCL has built with mingw for some time now too.

Perhaps the above comment was unfair.  The version I have is from this
website http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~novak/gclwin.html
Which is v2.6.1 so old, but quite usable.

> Support is native in
> the shipped sources.

I've tried building GCL from source before on an ordinary Linux
machine.  Last time I tried it it didn't work out of the box, I had to
hack things, the INSTALL instructions were ancient and the info file
installation didn't work.  Maybe it works fine on Mingw, but it would
surprise me.

>From a Windows perspective this doesn't matter anyway since Gordon
Novak has done the hard work already.

Anyway, thanks for all your work on GCL.