From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: for peter /paul graham or such gurus! - please answer
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 02:56:48 +0200, a <·@tempinbox.com> wrote:

> i asked a few people about lisp webframeworks - i m yet to find an
> answer
>
> is there a central webpage for LISP
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could give me some starting points
> for LISP and web dev.
> This led me to croma - but still like arc is in dev  :(
>
> thanks for your kind response and for reading a request..

Good starting point:
http://www.cliki.net

Good lisp intro for programmers:
http://gigamonkeys.com/book/

Lot's of libraries here:
http://weitz.de/

Various commercial and free lisp implementations:
http://franz.com/
http://www.lispworks.com/
http://www.cormanlisp.com/
http://clisp.cons.org/
http://www.sbcl.org/
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/

I find the best overall web framework to be what comes with
Franz enterprise edition.
There are few good books for learning web development with lisp.
What I do is learn Web programming in PHP for which there are ample
starting books..
(I like the ones from SitePoint http://www.sitepoint.com/)
Then I transfer that knowlege to Franz.
(There are other cheaper solutions mentioned in the above links.)

From: Vagif Verdi
> I find the best overall web framework to be what comes with
> Franz enterprise edition.

Actually Webactions is free and opensource. You do not have to have
Enterprise version of Allegro CL to use it. It is part of the
portableaserve web server and runs on a number of lisp implementations,
including clisp and lispworks.
I'm using it on lispworks on windows
From: John Thingstad
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:49:25 +0200, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I find the best overall web framework to be what comes with
>> Franz enterprise edition.
>
> Actually Webactions is free and opensource. You do not have to have
> Enterprise version of Allegro CL to use it. It is part of the
> portableaserve web server and runs on a number of lisp implementations,
> including clisp and lispworks.
> I'm using it on lispworks on windows

yes. I have noticed that.
What I like about ACL is that batteries are included.
Everything (well almost everything) I need for web development
comes preinstalled, works out of the box, is supported and documented.
Not just AllegroServe and WebActions, but POP3, IMAP and SendMail
interfaces,
MySql, DNS, FTP, XML (DOM, SAX, LXML), SOAP, XML-RPC, JNI..
(erm I haven't tested ALL of those..)

I do miss interfaces for XSLT, XPath and XQuery though.