From: daBittweiler
Subject: ODB'S datamodels and CLOS
mood: +very-embarrassed+

But the *dumbest-question* is the one that's never asked!! ^_^

Within a LISP object-oriented DB and the use of common lisp object
system is it better to use the meta-object protocol, clos, or a mixture
of both.  Also I'm trying to see do the majority of LISP =>(or
(engineers . programmers)) prefer the entity relationship data model.

Basically, I'm trying to not let my project go dead. I've never used an
ODB, so i install elephant if that is considered a pure ODB *give me a
break* but I aiming at portablity, small as possible, system resources
aware so it's portable to even PDA'S with a lisp environment, also
intelligent reasoning about it's data in the database which is based on
the CVL model of (Diego Calvanese, Giuseppe De Giacomo, Maurizio
Lenserini; Structured Objects: Modeling and Reasoning; LNCS, pages
229-246.).  Supporting xml data and xml validation for even use as a
xml db.

I thinking CLOS without MOP or is it AMOP stuff.  But I thinking as
well that it might be necessary.  Correct me if I'm wrong *dunno* !
Right NOW I'm trying to produce an alpha version of this idea.  Advice,
Suggestions are Welcome.  As the wind blows, the whole world shall
know, I come as I am, I am as I come an aficionados of LISP technology.
'((one.'( of . many)))

ground work for portablity:
===================
SAVE-OBJECT, Version 9X.2 (EXPERIMENTAL, patched),
;;; Effective Date: June 1994.
;;; Copyright (C) Kerry V. Koitzsch, 1992,1993,1994.
;;; New work and beautification by Kevin Thompson, NASA Ames Research
Center.

as suggested by
=> 05/18/06 02:05
=> Heow Eide-Goodman
=> Although I disagree that CFFI and BerkelyDB are appropiate for this,
I think the goal of a  portable database, even if "small" is a good
idea, is worthy of consideration and is doable   (see the Lisp FAQ and
save_obj). Heck, if successful this project might even make a good
CLRFI.
Project: Tarsier
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tarsier

Thanks for your patience, taking the time to read this, and your words
of wisdom!