From: vedm
Subject: acl-compat on windows?
Trying to install acl-compat through ASDF-INSTALL on Windows, Lispworks
Personal, I get an error saying

"SYSTEM:GET-FILE-STAT does not exist".

Is there any way to fix this?

The error comes from this function in the file named "acl-excl.lisp":

(defun filesys-inode (path)
  (let ((checked-path (probe-file path)))
    (cond
      (checked-path (let ((stat (system:get-file-stat checked-path)))
                          (system:file-stat-inode stat)))
      (t (error "path ~a does not exist." path)))))

--
vedm

From: sross
Subject: Re: acl-compat on windows?
vedm wrote:
> Trying to install acl-compat through ASDF-INSTALL on Windows, Lispworks
> Personal, I get an error saying
>
> "SYSTEM:GET-FILE-STAT does not exist".

Unfortunately sys:get-file-stat is not present in LWW.

> Is there any way to fix this?
Insert #-win32 before the definition of file-sys-inode.
This is already fixed in portableaserve cvs, i'll drop rudi an email
and ask him to update the tarball.

Sean
From: vedm
"sross" <······@gmail.com> writes:

> vedm wrote:
>> Trying to install acl-compat through ASDF-INSTALL on Windows, Lispworks
>> Personal, I get an error saying
>>
>> "SYSTEM:GET-FILE-STAT does not exist".
>
> Unfortunately sys:get-file-stat is not present in LWW.
>
>> Is there any way to fix this?
> Insert #-win32 before the definition of file-sys-inode.
> This is already fixed in portableaserve cvs, i'll drop rudi an email
> and ask him to update the tarball.

Thanks,
I needed acl-compat because I wanted to use pxmlutils for HTML parsing -
but it turned out that both Lispworks Personal edition and ACL Express
can not compile pxmlutils: I get "stack overflow" with LW Personal and
"Memory limit reached" with ACL Express.

So now I am using Clisp on Cygwin. I tried SBCL but it seems it is not
yet usable on Windows.
From: sross
vedm wrote:
> "sross" <······@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > vedm wrote:
> >> Trying to install acl-compat through ASDF-INSTALL on Windows, Lispworks
> >> Personal, I get an error saying
> >>
> >> "SYSTEM:GET-FILE-STAT does not exist".
> >
> > Unfortunately sys:get-file-stat is not present in LWW.
> >
> >> Is there any way to fix this?
> > Insert #-win32 before the definition of file-sys-inode.
> > This is already fixed in portableaserve cvs, i'll drop rudi an email
> > and ask him to update the tarball.
>
> Thanks,
> I needed acl-compat because I wanted to use pxmlutils for HTML parsing -

Unfortunately pxmlutils is no longer actively developled (see cliki
page).
For html parsing i'd recommend cl-html-parse and xmls .
Both are asdf-installable and work fine on LWW (Personal).