From: billc
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for July - Web Development with a Declarative Programming Language
Hi all,

Well, it's that time of the month again - time to brush the sand off
our feet, abandon the beach and once again head off to a lispvan
meeting!

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: Web Development with a Declarative Programming Language
Presenter: Drew Crampsie
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2006
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver (see map)
high-level language that describes a problem rather than defining a
solution". In other words, it describes the "what" rather than the
"how". Drew Crampsie has been using his own LoL CL web application
development framework (built on top of a number of other packages) to
develop web applications using such a declarative approach for a number
of years now. And, although he's demo'ed the framework to lispvan in
the past, the framework is now more mature and in use in more customer
applications.

Join us for a cold beer and a look at a different approach to CL web
application development!

--
Bill Clementson
From: billc
Hi all,

Unfortunately, tomorrow's meeting is cancelled as something has come up
and Drew will not be able to give his presentation. Sorry for the short
notice! We'll need to re-schedule the meeting for a later date.

In the meantime, mark your calendars as Marc Battyani will be coming
from France to give a presentation to lispvan on August 17 (actually,
he's here on vacation/business, but it sounds better to say that he is
coming to give a lispvan presentation!). His talk will be on a
combination of topics, including:

1. "Lisp at Work": Running a lisp business
2. Why continuations are not a good way to do web applications

So, be sure not to miss Marc's presentation!

Once again, apologies for the short notice regarding the cancellation
of tomorrow's meeting (July 27).

Cheers,
Bill