From: Jim Newton
Subject: happy consing translated into russian
Can anyone translate the salutation "happy consing" into russian.

I'd like to say "CONSivai c rodestom".  Literally cons with happiness.

Does anyone know if that would be correct, or can anyone suggest
something better?

From: Timofei Shatrov
Subject: Re: happy consing translated into russian
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:53:44 +0200, Jim Newton <·····@cadence.com> tried
to confuse everyone with this message:

>Can anyone translate the salutation "happy consing" into russian.
>
>I'd like to say "CONSivai c rodestom".  Literally cons with happiness.
>
>Does anyone know if that would be correct, or can anyone suggest
>something better?

Why into Russian?

I am Russian so I can help. The closest translation of the phrase would
be "Schastlivogo CONS..." with the last word being CONSeniya, CONSaniya
or maybe CONSestva (to become a pun of the Russian phrase for "Happy
Christmas").

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: ·············@gmail.com
I'd vote for the last :-)

From: Michael Livshin
Jim Newton <·····@cadence.com> writes:

> Can anyone translate the salutation "happy consing" into russian.

"schastlivogo CONSovaniya", or perhaps "schastlivogo CONSinga".

> I'd like to say "CONSivai c rodestom".  Literally cons with
> happiness.

that sounds certainly Slavic, but not Russian. :)

hth,
--m

--
The journey of a thousand miles begins with an open parenthesis.
                                                           -- Rainer Joswig